PDA

View Full Version : OK vs DE and the Mexican Stand-Off

Sloppyjayman
12-01-2009, 14:55
My OK army played my friends DE army. Both of us have been playing warhammer for 10+ years. We ran into an issue on the weekend which took away some of the fun factor of the game.

I had my Tyrant in a units of 6 Bulls with a Butcher. He positioned his Dark Riders on a 45 degree angle 6" away from my unit. He also had a unit of Cold Ones about 16" back and off to the side of the Dark Rider. He wanted me to charge the Dark Riders so they could flee, so I fail my charge and so his Cold Ones can charge me in the flank. I did not feel i could take the charge in the flank so i just stood there and so did he.

I did not have any other units to charge the Dark Riders to get them out of the way.

Has anyone else felt that because there took out the Re-Directing rule, that it can lead to these type of situations...

I think they should allow units to hold if the charge reaction is to flee???

What do you guys think about this situation???

Kadrium
12-01-2009, 15:53
Those situations are why you have leadbelchers to blow away his fast cav and then bait a charge from the CoK's.

superduperkoopatrooper
12-01-2009, 17:27
Charge the dark riders with one of your characters. Then the cold ones face your dilemna - go for the character, who will flee and hopefully escape, then get charged by bulls + other character. I reckon a butcher could do alright against a dark rider unit since they need 6s to wound and can only get 3 in base to base.

In general, I don't think many people use bull units of 6. If you'd split them up as 2 units you'd have more options.

Frankly
12-01-2009, 17:57
Has anyone else felt that because there took out the Re-Directing rule, that it can lead to these type of situations...

I think they should allow units to hold if the charge reaction is to flee???

What do you guys think about this situation???

Oh well, it happens. To be honest its a good thing for a game, I used to play 3 x dire wolf units with thralls with GWs/wolf form/summon wolf: redirecting into everthing all day if anyone even thought about fleeing. It could be abused easily.

The situation should/could have been resolved in any number of ways; i.e. the DE player having RBTs, your magic smacking his DRs, etc, etc.