PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Tourney List. Need Help! Tourney only 5 days away!

Sevor
12-01-2009, 22:55
Alright, so I won the last tournament at my local game shop. I would really like a repeat, but I'm somewhat torn. I'm looking to the venerable War Seer community for guidance! Here's the deal:

I just got a Bloodthirster, and want to give him a run.

A lot of people groan at the block of Plaguebearers with a HoN, and have come to expect it, so I'd like to try another tactic, to show I'm not a 1 trick winner :)

So here's what I'm working with:

BT - FS Blade, Fury, Armr Kh - 515

HoT - MoS, Spell B - 165

HoK - Jugger, Etherblade - 200

15 Letters, FC - 210

16 Horrors Mus, SB, Changeling, Stand Sorcery - 285

12 Nets - 174

5 Hounds - 175

5 Hounds - 175

4 Screamers - 120

5 Flamers - 175

I still want to fit in a BSB with the Standard of Sundering, which I find to be essential when you don't know who/what you will be facing in a tourney.

My concerns are the low magic, with only 6 PD and 4 DD! Most of my units have Magic Resistance, but I don't know if one dispel is enough with the low DD.

PLEASE insert comments and suggestions. I would like to try something different, but I also want to win. Should I just put in the best anvil in Warhammer with the PB's? Should I swap the BT for a KoS or GUO? (don't have a LoC).

I'll take anything into account. Thanks in advance. :chrome:

Sevor
13-01-2009, 05:57
bump............

darkelves99
13-01-2009, 06:02
i would not use screamers. I would just use 4 x 5 hounds and 2 x 6 flamers.....lol jk, what does a plaguebearer and a hon do exactly, what makes it so good.

Count Demandred
13-01-2009, 06:27
FAO Solmyr (darkelves99) - it provides the unit with regeneration, which is damn handy for a tough anvil-like unit.

FAO Sevor - what's the tactic you wish to employ? As obviously the 'Plaguebearer hold-up whilst 'Thirster smashes in from the side,' is out of the question.

To be honest your army looks like it should be able to hold up in the enemy magic phase. Though obviously if you're going to come up against a IoN-Vampire army you could be in a little trouble. The four dice should be enough to take out the largest (and most powerful) of your enemies spells per-turn, and your Ward Saves + MR on most units should keep them covered to an extent...

I'm assuming the Screamers are there to shred enemy wizards bunkering in units? You also have a decently mobile army which could worry Wizards into going for an all for nothing type ploy ('just need to get this big one ooooooffff-ffffaarrrkkk') which could help what with your 4 Dice and One scroll.

darkelves99
13-01-2009, 19:42
is there anything that makes a daemon unit stubborn?

Mullitron
13-01-2009, 21:55
is there anything that makes a daemon unit stubborn?

Yeah an expensive banner that makes all daemons with 12 stubborn.

darkelves99
14-01-2009, 01:01
thats still a pretty good banner i'd say.

Sevor
15-01-2009, 03:14
So much for the venerable WarSeer community. I'm disappointed.