PDA

View Full Version : Wood Elves VS. Demons

Alex Under
13-01-2009, 08:59
Hi guys, need a bit of advice here. Iím playing a 2.000 point game with my Wood Elves against a friend who fields Demons. I donít have a lot to choose from for a 2.000 point game and we donít like proxies, so Iíll have to take what Iíve got.
Iíve only played his demons once, and I massacred his whole army, but to be honest, I was slightly lucky. Now I know heís screaming for revenge, and he does have loads to choose from for a 2.000 point army and has a close idea of what Iíll be taking to battle. I guess he will field a Greater Demon for sure (Nurgle or Khorne) flamers and horrors with a herald are a must.
I donít have any Kurnous riders or Eternal Guard but I have at least one unit of all the other options. My main concern is how to equip characters and what characters I should use. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

mossel
13-01-2009, 09:50
hail of doom never hurts you :)
some mages can come in handy

glade guard to take down that bloodthirster!

a lord with an annoyance of netlings, a great weapon, the amber pendant and the helm of the hunt (and maybe that immune to psychology for one turn item to make sure you charge) and make him alter kindred? I think him, combined with a flank or rear charge against a bloodthirster could do the trick. a great unclean one will go down too, but if he's got slime trail, you'll need ranks.

a noble with hail of doom and alter who can charge and kill the herald of tzeentch, after killing somedaemons with the hoda

dryads to get his flamers

a scrollcaddy

stonetroll
13-01-2009, 11:16
Hmm... I have no idea on what your opponent is fielding, but if he fields anything like the list I faced last week (9 pd @ 1100 pts!), you'll be in for some trouble, as he will just whoop your skirmishers with magic and blow your treeman / blocks up with flamers and heralds on flying tzeentch chariots.

Pray he doesnt bring kairos, then you're really in for a bummer...

I guess your best bet is to load up on as many dispell dice as you can possibly squeeze in. You wont need a lot of CC power if he brings tzeentch anyway, your CC units should be able to take care of those.

Then bring 3*10 archers. Daemons are VERY vulnerable to small arms fire. Other then that, I haven't found a way yet to counter tzeentch effectively without gimping myself vs other armies.

Cambion Daystar
13-01-2009, 11:20
Then bring 3*10 archers. Daemons are VERY vulnerable to small arms fire. Other then that, I haven't found a way yet to counter tzeentch effectively without gimping myself vs other armies.

You mean the T3 daemons with a 4+ wardsave?

Alex Under
13-01-2009, 15:51
Thanks for your comments. Last time we played I targeted his KoS and once it was down his whole game plan was ruined. This time round I'll go for his horrors and tzeentch herald with my fastest units and the alter, and go for whatever greater demon he chooses with all my arrows and try and get those 500+ victory points! I'll let you all know how it went. Wish me luck!

stonetroll
13-01-2009, 16:26
You mean the T3 daemons with a 4+ wardsave?

I mean T3 daemons with a 5+ ward save, yes. spam enough arrows into their ranks and they will start dropping. More points effective then shooting bolt throwers at them!

PARTYCHICORITA
13-01-2009, 19:08
Wardancer lord with netlings and a decent wardsave can tie up he's greater deamon for a long time relatively easy. A treeman ancient with netlings could even kill it.

Cambion Daystar
14-01-2009, 09:16
I mean T3 daemons with a 5+ ward save, yes. spam enough arrows into their ranks and they will start dropping. More points effective then shooting bolt throwers at them!

If he puts the tzeentch herald in a horror unit they have a 4+ save, something you might want to keep in mind.