PDA

View Full Version : O&G army list competivite NEED HELP BIGTIME!

Gharof von Carstein
13-01-2009, 13:28
Oke so im making lists for a m8 of mine who is gonna play O&G on one of the biggest tournaments of the netherlands. so i need big time help. iv played him a gazillion times and he always lost to my vc. im not that good a general so its his list for sure. we saw the registered players army choices and its a lot of VC than comes Daemons, than warriors of chaos and than dark elves. thats a lot of power play out there. this is what i thought of for him to bring.

Core:
223 - Savage Orc Boyz x 26. musician, Standardbearer,
264 - Savage Orc Boyz x 26. boss, Standardbearer, musician, Spears
223 - Savage Orc Boyz x 26. musician, Standardbearer
65 - Goblin Wolfriders x 5, Spears
65 - Goblin Wolfriders x 5, Spears

Special:
179 - Savage Orc Boar Boyz x 5. Big 'Uns, Shields, Standardbearer,
140 - Goblin Spear Chukka x 4
85 - Orc boar chariot+crew

Rare:
80 - Doomdiver catapult

Hero:
100 - Night Goblin Shaman. Level 1, Staff of Sneaky Stealin'
180 - Black Orc Big Boss. Battlestandardbearer, Boar, Heavy Armour, Mork's Spirit Totem.
157 - Black Orc Big Boss. Heavy Armour, Shield, Boar, Shaga's Screamin' Sword.
239p - Black Orc Warboss, Enchanted Shield, Boar, Ulag's Akrit Axe, Best boss 'at

total = 2000p

so what do you guys think? the wolfriders are there for flank attacks and screening + bait and flee. the doomdiver and chukkas weaken the enemy before the big waagh takes them out. the chariot helps the core some more as well. the general and heroes will be dispersed among the savage orc units. so why not make them savage? well they crack heads to keep the boyz moving and because they would charge out. we could replace the chariot for another doom diver but should we? going big on artillery might be what makes sure that when the core hits HtH they outnumber big time and will pummel the rest of the opponent down to a bloody pulp. plus those WoC players will be bringing big time chaos knights for sure so :)

help plz!!!!

Harwammer
13-01-2009, 13:40
You can't give the warboss two choices from the Magic armour section; its gonna have to be armour of gork OR enchanted shield.

Are you taking the SO warboss for fluff reasons? If it was BO then the 3 main blocks would all be 'immune' to animosity.

My final point I don't think it is worth 35 points to only have 2 spells. I think your friend would be more likely to injure himself with miscast than to actually get a spell off in game! Maybe keeping him level 1 for magic defence would be better as you can sprinkle the spare 35 elsewhere around the list (e.g. making the bolt throwers ld 7, adding musicians to orc units to help save them from losing combat/frenzy).

Other

Gharof von Carstein
13-01-2009, 13:57
wow thx! your right! edited! anybody else have any opinions on the doomdiver chariot thing?

Harwammer
13-01-2009, 14:10
no problem!

Chariots are good for pulling the attention of str 7+ things (leaving the boyz to do their job in peace). On top of this, impact hits happen before always strike first. This means it may be worth keeping the chariot in to help swing the balance into the favour of your boyz if they come across any ASF troops with great weapons.

blackjack
13-01-2009, 15:15
I think you have a great list here. I personally would try to fit in 2 chariots or none. I think redundancy is important if you want to be sure that the unit in question can do it's job reliably.

Gharof von Carstein
14-01-2009, 06:26
oke well i think its a matter of flavour if we need the chariots. how about dispel scrolls? do we need those? the orc units big enough or too big? how will the big points on artillery work out?