PDA

View Full Version : Help against creepers!

Godswildcard
13-01-2009, 18:02
My friend and I constantly play each other, usually in smaller points games for time's sake. I play WoC, he runs demons. In the smaller games he usually runs 2 units of 10 bloodletters, bloodcrusher, herald of Khorne on Juggernaught, skulltaker on Juggernaught. I take 1 unit of 12 warriors w/ 2 cc wpns, 1 unit of 12 warriors w/ h. wpn/shield. 5 knights and an exalted hero of khorne.

Here is the problem I'm having. He will march the first couple of turns, but once we start to get near charge range, he will just CREEP his units forward to try and ensure getting the charge off. If I just stand there, he will do the same and we will never get into combat. If I go forward, he will charge me b/c he is meticulous about his distances. As you can imagine, this frustrates me to no end. How do I get around this?

Wulfrik
13-01-2009, 19:18
With what you have in that list? Blessed nothing.

If you change up your list to have "throw away" units, or a stronger flanking presence, you can come about ( ye olde swinging gate) on him, or toss the small units at him to give him something unimportant to charge, then when he runs through them, you charge where he winds up with knights/warriors/CR Marauders.

Fighting flat facing to flat facing with "power units", it's a game of rock/scissors/paper, and the correct charger is generally going to win. Change the game.

Surgency
14-01-2009, 00:57
get a dwarf gunline army. That'll teach him to "creep"

alextroy
14-01-2009, 01:15
I'm with Wulfrik here. You need something to make him pay for creeping, or to draw the charge. Try adding a unit or two of Chaos Hounds or Marauder Cav. Then you can bait and flee a charge followed up by a charge on him!