PDA

View Full Version : Would you mind if...

Necrotyr18
13-01-2009, 20:27
Since Kairos Fateweaver doesn't have a model and I am not the greatest at converting, I was wondering in a friendly game would you let me use the model I have attached?

My second question is would this model be tournament legal as I enjoy doing Grand Tournaments and would like to use it, if not I will have to attempt to convert a model.

Here is thier webpage to view more photos of this model; they are at the bottom of the page. http://ultraforgeminiatures.com/

Thank you.

Bloodknight
13-01-2009, 20:31
GW will certainly not let you play with a centerpiece model from a different company in a GT. You'd be better off with a regular LoC for that matter. In friendly games or non-GW-tournaments, I would enjoy playing against it, and there are generally no rules about using non-GW minis.

solvay
13-01-2009, 20:38
as bloodknight said in a friendly game and some local tournaments(better to double check b4 tho) youd be fine usin it

tho at a GT since its non GW you wouldnt be allowed unfortunately

Nationalmaverick
13-01-2009, 21:00
I dont get to play alot of tournies but aren't special characters generally not aloud?

O&G'sRule
13-01-2009, 21:09
special characters are allowed, other companies models are not. Fine in normal games, but not events held by GW

Necrotyr18
13-01-2009, 21:09
The tournaments around me, local gaming store, allow them.

Guy Fawkes
14-01-2009, 01:28
Ask the tournament organizer, not us. They can give you a definite answer, but we can't.

That being said, most official GW events like GT's don't allow non-citadel miniatures.

Drakcore Bloodtear
14-01-2009, 17:45
Why don't you say you heavly converted a LoC into this http://www.the2blackdragons.com/ebay_minis/chaos/daemonen/grosse_daemonen/hw1.jpg

Jedi152
14-01-2009, 17:57
That's a gorgeous Lord of Change, except it hasn't got two heads like Kairous.

I love the way it's clearly designed to fit into the GW range. Look how the staff is designed to look like the Tzeentch symbol without actually looking like it.

Necrotyr18
14-01-2009, 20:34
That's a gorgeous Lord of Change, except it hasn't got two heads like Kairous.

Actually it did have two heads. I do quite like that a lot, plus they also have the blue scribes.

Disciple of Caliban
15-01-2009, 11:31
As has been said, GW wouldnt let that be used in most official tournaments, but your local store or non GW tournaments might be ok, you'd have to ask them.

However, if your looking for a pretty respectable Kairos then Galrauch makes a reasonable substitute with only a little conversion work (give him a staff)

Necrotyr18
15-01-2009, 12:12
However, if your looking for a pretty respectable Kairos then Galrauch makes a reasonable substitute with only a little conversion work (give him a staff)

Now that I look at it, I agree and I think I will take that path of work.