PDA

View Full Version : 6th edition box set??

Rutteger1
13-01-2009, 21:47
The 7th edition is skull pass, what was the sixth edition? (I want the poofy empire ;) )
anyone know? (i know you do)

Rutteger1
13-01-2009, 22:37
It would be really great if warseer had an option for me to place this back on the front page... :'(
if a thread doestn start witha view or two, it never gets any...

klstrider28
13-01-2009, 22:40
it was empire and orcs. came with a little cardboard building and some other stuff...

solvay
13-01-2009, 22:57
if i remember correctly then it didnt have a special name like the newer starter boxes do

although it was empire and orcs you can probably find a copy on wesites such as ebay

Rutteger1
13-01-2009, 23:04
hmmm i didnt know what to search on ebay... i couldnt find it. i could find the empire half, but it went for the same amount as the box set combined :(
(i did buy it though ;) )

solvay
13-01-2009, 23:40
hmm id try searches with key terms such as warhammer starter or 6th ed warhammer

things along those lines should give you results.. if not try local charity shops, that might sound odd but a few have been found in my local area plus a few older treasures such as 2nd ed rulebooks. etc.

Rutteger1
13-01-2009, 23:52
charity shops? wut? (like goodwill?)

Stuffburger
14-01-2009, 01:58
The box comes with 16 orc guys w/ double choppas, 16 orc arrer boys, a command sprue (Std, Mus & champ/character), orc chariot, empire general, cannon, 16-18 handgunners and 16-18 swordsmen- also some dice and paper terrain and stuff.

Keep in mind that the mold quality on these guys is below even the comparable 6th edition regiment boxes- they are single piece with separate faces or shields in some cases. The orcs required heavy converting to look decent, as far as i know the swordsmen would too and the handgunners would probably be impossible.

jullevi
14-01-2009, 09:28
The box comes with 16 orc guys w/ double choppas, 16 orc arrer boys, a command sprue (Std, Mus & champ/character), orc chariot, empire general, cannon, 16-18 handgunners and 16-18 swordsmen- also some dice and paper terrain and stuff.

Orc part is correct. Empire was 16 spearmen, 16 handgunners, cannon and command sprue. Also included in the set was one plastic boar and warhorse so that you could build mounted champions from command sprues to represent generals.

The cardboard ruin was similar to Mordheim terrain - the box included one or two mordheim building support frames to make the ruined house.

bomblu
14-01-2009, 12:45
And it had this cover art:

http://images.eurogamer.net/assets/converted/pics/interviews/whonline/a_med_01b.jpg

so if you find one in shops you'd know which one to buy ;p My hobby store still hase one of these boxes tho i dont think you'de come to Malta from the US to buy this box :P

Rutteger1
14-01-2009, 13:42
lol i just need to find the old speamen :) thats the only old models i like really... just love thos poofy shirt.

w3rm
15-01-2009, 00:35
My friend bought the set but he got bored and gave it to me. However he had absolutely no idea what he was doing when he put it together. I cobbled to together enough of the chariot to make it look halfway decent. I got about 13 orcs he didn't ruin and 12 arrer boyz. UHHG!

DigbyWeapon
15-01-2009, 01:40
I got it a couple of years ago.
Its got:
Empire
- 1 General on war horse or Spear man Champion.
- 18 Spear man with command.
- 16 Hand gunners.
- 1 Cannon/mortar with crew.

Orcs
- 1 Orc Boss on Boar or on foot as Orc Boy Champion.
- 18 Orc Boys with Choppas.
- 16 Arrer Boy.
- 1 Chariot.

Also comes with a 288pg 6th edition rule book, some dice, couple of templates and a cardboard building which is okay.

Quality isn't all that great but they spear man are worth it if you don't like the new ones.

Rutteger1
15-01-2009, 20:11
maybe my store will have an old box set of the 6th ed spearmen, which is why i wanted the starter anyway. i hate the new state troops.