PDA

View Full Version : Beastmen / high elf player needing help

WhiteKnight
14-01-2009, 03:12
I've been playing fantasy, switching off between high elves and beastmen every other week and no matter what list I run, tactic, or trick I do, I ALWAYS lose. I'm tired of losing and the saying "losing is a learning experience" has proved nothing on me. I've tried Dragon lists in high elves, and tzeentch lists in beastmen. I usually play skaven, WoC, Wood Elves, VC, and lizardmen. I can barely beat lizardmen as they are and I worry that I'll be utterly destroyed after the new book for lizardmen comes out. I really need help so if there's anyone that can help me, please do.

Condottiere
14-01-2009, 06:13
I suspect you have to be a little more specific about the problems you think you're facing.

WhiteKnight
14-01-2009, 14:42
Well when I play my games, I think I'm ignoring the priorities of units. I should be setting up to get either the general or the hard hitting units. Mainly deployment I believe.

Preacher
14-01-2009, 15:03
It might help if you post the current list your trying to run. There are some pretty strong lists that can be built with High Elves. The Star Dragon list can be a very strong one, but its by no means a guarnteed win. It takes some finesse and tactics to use the list effectively since its usually a very small list.

Also when your running a Dragon list, you need to pick your targets carefully. Your list will probably include units of Dragon Princes and Eagles...or 4 RBT if your really going for broke. The Princes need to be careful with what they charge since they need to break it on the turn they charge.

Give us a little more detail about your lists and the major problems you find with them.