PDA

View Full Version : Lord of the rings conquest

Kordos
14-01-2009, 10:44
So Lord of the rings: conquest is out, it is a battlefield/battlefront type game but LotR yay !

http://www.pandemicstudios.com/conquest/gateway.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_of_The_Rings_Conquest

Anyway it is a lot of fun and put your skepticism aside it works quite well (although the menu system is crap and the controls are a bit different from battlefront)

god octo
14-01-2009, 16:15
I've downloaded the demo, but I have yet to play it. What are the graphics like? I've heard that they are pretty poor for the help that they have had with them.

Kordos
14-01-2009, 19:48
I've downloaded the demo, but I have yet to play it. What are the graphics like? I've heard that they are pretty poor for the help that they have had with them.

The graphics are fine, they are not OMGFANTASZORS but nice and the game runs well

Deamon-forge
14-01-2009, 19:58
iv got it on the DS its a ok game. but i was hoping better

Angelwing
15-01-2009, 01:20

In the PS3 demo, the graphics are adequate, but not outstanding. On the other hand, you will be running about so much you probably won't notice!
The multiplayer demo has two maps in conquest mode (grab spawn points) and basic troopers (warrior, archer, scout, wizard) with trolls, ents, the witch king, gandalf and the balrog thrown in.
The single player demo takes you through a mini campaign to show you the controls and character types. You get to take on Sauron himself at the end!
From what I've seen so far, it's star wars battlefront with hobbits instead of stormtroopers, so nothing new.
As I said before though, it's got a Balrog. And you get to kick hobbits. :angel:

GodlessM
15-01-2009, 01:31
Any in game screen shots?

Deamon-forge
15-01-2009, 16:11

i could do some for a NDS if wanted but thats all srry

god octo
15-01-2009, 16:50
Played the single player tutorial yesterday. I was quite amusing, but I didn't really feel amazed. Didn't bother with the multiplayer, as I would have had to sign my life away to EA, and I'm loathe to sign up to free spam again from them.

Lavadude360
15-01-2009, 19:24
Played the single player tutorial yesterday. I was quite amusing, but I didn't really feel amazed. Didn't bother with the multiplayer, as I would have had to sign my life away to EA, and I'm loathe to sign up to free spam again from them.

you can just say no to the emails etc you know ;)

Yeh i'll probably end up buying it, will it ever beat the first battlefront game erm no!

LD

Kordos
15-01-2009, 19:58

PC http://au.media.pc.ign.com/media/142/14252775/imgs_1.html

Xbox 360 http://screenshots.teamxbox.com/gallery/2009/The-Lord-of-the-Rings-Conquest/p1/

Seeing as though EA has a hand in just about every game now, if you have played an EA game in the last 2/3 years you may already have an EA account - also I have never been spammed by EA.

you can just say no to the emails etc you know ;)

Yeh i'll probably end up buying it, will it ever beat the first battlefront game erm no!

LD

I think it is better than battlefront, not as good as battlefront 2 though.

I have been playing through the War of the ring campaign with my housemate and it is fun and frustrating at the same time, there are defiantly some balance issues to be sorted out - grunts die in droves but a special grunt will be really tough and hard to kill where as the enemy heroes die fairly easy in comparison.

Odin
15-01-2009, 21:50
It just annoys me that everybody has to have flaming magic swords and stuff like that. Magic weapons are not exactly common in Middle Earth, and I'm not aware that any of them burst into flames. It's the Japanese influence I suspect - I can't stand Dynasty Warriors for much the same reason.