PDA

View Full Version : Vampire 2500 point list (for tourny as well as 2v2)

Areku
14-01-2009, 10:33
Okay, to start off, this list will be used not only as a tourny list, but my gaming group also is planning a 2v2 match that I will be using it in as well. The list resembles the old Strigoi Flying Circus theme.

Known Opponents: Dark Elves, Wood Elves, High Elves, Lizard Men, Ogre Kingdom.

2v2 situation: High Elves (with 1+ AS lord on Star Dragon) and Lizard Men (Slann) vs. Wood Elves (dual Treemen) and Vampire Counts (me).

Vampire Lord
-Additional Magic level
-Blood Drinker
-Walach's Bloody Hauberk
-Black Periapt
-Dark Acolyte
-Flying Horror
-Infinite Hatred
-Summon Ghouls

Vampire
-Staff of Damnation
-Fling Horror

Vampire
-Helm of Command
-Flying Horror

Vampire
-Talisman of the Lynci
-Book of Arkhan
-Ghoulkin
-Summon Ghouls

Core
-3 units of 22 ghouls (with ghast)
-Bunker unit of 10 ghouls for vampire fall back
-2 units of 5 dire wolves
-2 corpse carts (naked. No stone or balefire)

Special
-Unit of 6 Black Knights, barding, musician, standard bearer with Banner of the Barrows
-Unit of 6 Black Knights, barding, musician, standard bearer with Banner of Dead Legion

Rare
-Varghulf

Total points: 2503 (I'd drop a ghoul to fall below 2500, the 2v2 allows up to 5 points over)

*I could also drop the two naked carts and one of the Black Knights for a second Varghulf.*

The general idea is to advance while building up the ghoul units with the knights flanking. Once the ghouls charge have the knight and wolves either flank charge, or have the knight frontal charge with the wolves flank charging.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Gharof von Carstein
14-01-2009, 10:44
you know flying chars cant join units right? so why the flying horror? its a grand ol' waste if you ask me. not to mention a 4+ AS with 5+ ward for your general is way too low on defense for a combat char. the rest i have no beef with. it looks like a good list but you might wanna make the ghoul units smaller to fit some upgrades on those carts. tbh id never field a cart without a upgrade on it and your not magic heavy enough to afford not to take balefire or lodestone to help with the summoning and anti magic.

Caine Mangakahia
14-01-2009, 18:28
you know flying chars cant join units right? so why the flying horror? its a grand ol' waste if you ask me. not to mention a 4+ AS with 5+ ward for your general is way too low on defense for a combat char. the rest i have no beef with. it looks like a good list but you might wanna make the ghoul units smaller to fit some upgrades on those carts. tbh id never field a cart without a upgrade on it and your not magic heavy enough to afford not to take balefire or lodestone to help with the summoning and anti magic.

Actually, the restriction is limited to flying mounts only.According to the FAQ however, the Vamp will have to use his ground movement of 6" as long as he moves with the unit.
Balefire is easily an essential upgrade for an army with no MR.

Areku
14-01-2009, 18:36
Yea, the flying restriction is for Flying Mounts (Hellsteed for example).
Anyway, what if I were to drop two of the Knights for Balefire x2? A six wide Knight unit isn't exactly necessary.

Oh, and I forgot to include magic last time. There's 9 PD, 7 DD, 4 bound spells, and the Periapt if I want to swap dice.

fall3nang3l
16-01-2009, 01:05
For ur vamp lord, Flayed hauberk, and crown of the damned. 2+ armor, 4+ ward. yea ur stupid but ur ld 10. and for fluff u can say that maybe ur human soul keeps trying to get is body back or something.

ive ran my vamp lord with nothing less. hes only been killed 3 times during my many games. once vs dwarves b/c some cheesed out hammers killed his unit and the resolution killed him. the 2nd was vs my friend's new dark elves. he had an assassin with the +D3 atk and the S=T+1 poisons. he had 3 turns of 4+D3 WS 9 attacks, S6. didnt hurt me once (i admit it was the rolling to blame/praise). the executionsers wiped the skeletons and vamp again dies to resolution. the last and only legit time he has died was vs a sigmar priest on a war-altar with the hammer of hellfire. 1WS 4? (or5) attack, S10 D6 wounds. he owned my vamp.

so if that doesnt convince u. at least know to steer clear of waraltars.

other than that, ghouls aren't my favorite as ur core units cause of the lack of armor, good flanking though. if ur aiming for the flank charge, try skeletons. more survivable and u can get a hella more resolution.

also think about red fury if ur plaaying so many elves. T3 vs S5.

Count Demandred
16-01-2009, 11:43
I see Flying Horror as useless, I mean for the same amount of points you can take a Hellsteed - and spend that 30 on a different power. And it's even cheaper for a Hero level Vampire.

There's really no point in taking it at all ASIDE from (fluff reasons, and) the fact you have to model your own Hellsteed.....

Kerill
16-01-2009, 12:29
Hellsteed vamp can't join units so can get his head blown off by a cannon first turn.
Flying horror means you can sit in regiments, benefit from the free march at the start of the game if you have the ghoul power and don't have to fly out until you want to.
Flying horror also gives the vamp 360 degree LOS

EldarBishop
16-01-2009, 15:36
I see the benefits on having a fast Vampire or two... I usually take one with a GW to hunt bad things (like Chariots), but I'd not do that on ALL of them, it's a waste of points. Also, I'd never do that with the Lord (too risky).

Frankly
16-01-2009, 16:47
I see Flying Horror as useless ...

Flying horror + ghoulkin = first turn charges.

Great list, pretty fast and scary.