PDA

View Full Version : Blood Angels Banner

Xaereth
14-01-2009, 17:46
Hi, I'm an experienced 40k player whose primary army is Blood Angels. I keep reading references to the ability to give death company +1 attack with Dante's banner, but I guess I don't really understand how that's possible, since Dante has to be in an Honor Guard and only the unit carrying the banner gets the bonus attacks. Am I missing something? I keep seeing references to it though, and if it's possible to give the rest of my army those sort of bonuses I'd REALLY like to know.

Thanks for your time!

ankara halla
14-01-2009, 18:10
Well, apart from the fact that Dante doesn't *have* to be in a honour guard, you are quite correct. Since only a honour guard unit (note, it doesn't have to be attached to Dante) can upgrade their banner, only said unit can get the attack bonuses from it. There is no way Death Company can get the extra attacks from the banner.

ethsar46
14-01-2009, 21:22
Hi, I'm an experienced 40k player whose primary army is Blood Angels. I keep reading references to the ability to give death company +1 attack with Dante's banner, but I guess I don't really understand how that's possible, since Dante has to be in an Honor Guard and only the unit carrying the banner gets the bonus attacks. Am I missing something? I keep seeing references to it though, and if it's possible to give the rest of my army those sort of bonuses I'd REALLY like to know.

Thanks for your time!

Not sure where you got the idea that DC could use the Chapter Banner. Perhaps your thinking of Dante giving the DC Preferred Enemy when he's within 12"?

Xaereth
15-01-2009, 17:29
I didn't get the idea... other people have been talking about such foolry on this forum and I wanted to be sure it wasn't possible, because I saw no way for it to work. It'd be a MAJOR boon to my army to get that... obviously enough.