PDA

View Full Version : Souls and the Omnissiah...

omera
15-01-2009, 11:28
From my understanding, most people's souls just dissipate. What about those who are of the Adeptus Mechanicus? Do their souls become one with the great machine spirit?

x-esiv-4c
15-01-2009, 11:29
What do you think the machine spirit is?

omera
15-01-2009, 12:37
I also read somewhere that the a high ranked Techpriest believed the Emperor and the Omnissiah to be two sides of the same coin.

ryng_sting
15-01-2009, 13:43
They go to Vaul :)

x-esiv-4c
15-01-2009, 13:51
You should probably read Mechanicum

Rockerfella
15-01-2009, 13:53
I once brought that idea up too. I kinda thought, you know... with Khaine trapping Vaul to his own anvil, in his own forge, for ever, then maybe that spared him the birth of Slaanesh, and its actually Vaul trapped on the red planet, not the 'dragon'.

However, mechanicum kinda puts that theory right to bed. So.. thats that then!

khirsath
16-01-2009, 22:18
First of all, the Omnissiah or Machine God is not the same as a machine spirit.

Second: we know that all humans have a psychic presence in the warp, and that belief and emotion feed the entities of the warp through this. As individuals spend lots of there life in worship or in a strong emotion it makes the warp entity stronger. The biggest example is the chaos gods.

So it's plausible that there is something in the warp, twisted by chaos, that corresponds to the machine god. It's nowhere near the power of the Big 4, but its there. So I see the soul of a devoted Adept feeding the maelstrom of the warp that is of a similar persuasion.

It would be cool if this were the twisted remnants of Vaul slowly changing and growing due to the belief in a machine god, but I'm pretty sure She Who Thirsts ate him as its diet was low in iron at the time of its birth :D