PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Dark Elves of Ghrond

foehammer888
15-01-2009, 18:06
Ok, I am still working out the details of the magic items for the list below, but using the full alotments for most of the characters results in it being about 2250 points. While being focused towards the heavy use of DE magic, I tried to make it balanced enough to cover most of the bases. Dark Riders/harpies for march blocking and flanking, Chariots, black guard, and hydra for punch; a small unit of crossbowmen and 2 RBTs to weed out the chaff.

Critiques welcome. I'll update it further once I make some decisions on magic items/gifts. My only concern is the lack of a combat character other than the assasin.

Dark Elf Supreme Sorceress
Extra Level
Magic items (full alotment)
Dark Pegasus

Sorceress
Extra Lvl
Magic Items (full alotment)

Sorceress
Extra Lvl
Magic Items (full alotment)

Assasin
gifts of khaine (50fts worth)

Spearmen x 25
Shields
Full Command

Repeater Crossbowmen x 12

Dark Riders x 5

Harpies x 5

Black Guard x 18
Full Command
Banner of Haeg Graef

Cold One Chariot x 2

Repeater bolt Thrower x 2

Hydra

Malorian
15-01-2009, 20:06
I'm really not a fan of your high sorceress flying around. First of all you are out in the open for missiles and magic, and secondly you can't use that great sacrificial dagger.

Because you have so many points in magic you don't have many solid units (although you have a fair number of support units).

By giving the high sorceress a dagger (and not much else) and dropping a regular mage, you can still have a very effective magic phase and still have the points to get another block of spearmen.

Khaos
15-01-2009, 21:11
you could probably end up with enough points left over from magic item selection to throw in another small unit or so. high sorceress on peg is going to want a focus familiar so you can hide and cast around things, and maybe the PoK for protection. your lvl 2's are only going to want to run +1 spell, +1 dice, or the dagger so unless you really feel the need to add in scrolls you should be able to save points there too. having only one unit of both harpies and dark riders never seems to work for me, I personalyl prefer to run at least one of those in a pair. with left over points from your characters you could easily add in another small unit of harpies and maybe some shields on your rxbmen. other than that, it seems like a good magic heavy list. some people may not approve of the CoC because of the stupidity, but I personally love em so that looks good. good shooting base, good magic ability, some manuverability, and then you shouldnt have to hit anything you dont want to in CC. sounds like DE to me:D

tricker53
16-01-2009, 09:33
any benefit to havig 1 lord sorceress over 2 hero ones? havent got the book on me.

i agree with ditching the darks, get another unit of harpies for warmachine hunting and march blocking.

i reckon another unit of crossbowmen, and put a sorceress in it with dagger.

BattleofLund
16-01-2009, 09:46
any benefit to havig 1 lord sorceress over 2 hero ones? havent got the book on me.

Access to magic items over 50 points, and Ld9 for Generalship.

p3990013
16-01-2009, 10:50
This is what items I'd give (with using your army list as is):

- Supr.Sorc.: Focus familiar, Pendant of Khaeleth, Dispel scroll

Focus familiar would help her to avoid missiles and most spells, also to getting charged by some flyer in the open

- Sorceress #1: Darkstar cloak, Dispel scroll

- Sorceress #2: Lifetaker

- Assassin: Ehw, Rune of khaine, Touch of death

- Spearmen: Warbanner

If you could change the army composition, I'd suggest you drop the chariots due to stupidity and vulnerability to S7 hits and include another hydra...

Frankly
16-01-2009, 17:00
By giving the high sorceress a dagger (and not much else) and dropping a regular mage, you can still have a very effective magic phase and still have the points to get another block of spearmen.

I agree. Or your list is looking alittle sort and lacking a backbone.