PDA

View Full Version : Revised 1000pts of Tomb Kings

Nicha11
15-01-2009, 23:38
Here is the revised list, any helpful criticism would be much appreciated.

Characters

Tomb Prince, Chariot, Flail, Golden Ahnkra
192pts

Liche Priest
115pts

Core

10 Archers

10 Archers

10 Archers

Special

3 Chariots, Full command,
170pts

19 Tomb Guard, Full command, Banner of the undying legion
283pts

total 1000pts

Nicha11
16-01-2009, 10:36
Come one Warseer I need some solid advice here.

march10k
16-01-2009, 12:09
This is the list for mostly playing against high elves? It is a lot better. I think the TG will have a decent chance of holding against the silver helms, as long as they don't get a flank charge off. Speaking of which, you might give them the icon of rakaph. At least once, the elves will get caught maneuvering for a flank charge and find that you get to reform to face them and charge. Even when that doesn't happen, it's exceptional protection against being outmaneuvered. I like what you've done with the archers, but might I suggest one block of 20 and one of 10? The 20 will at least be able to reform into a (weak) melee block if they absolutely have to, and you're unlikely to find more than two prime shooting positions to deploy archers on, anyway. If you have even one hill, the unit of 20 gets to shoot in two ranks of ten, and can get into 5x4 formation to receive a charge from the high ground with no trouble at all. The only other thing is that you still have no means of hunting down his war machine.

Your points are off on the chariot unit..."full command" doesn't cost half as much as an empire cannon! I think that gives you points for a scroll for the liche...two if you take the icon of rakaph on the TG.

Godswildcard
16-01-2009, 12:56
I like this list. It doesn't seem to overcomplicate things, as some TK lists tend to do. I think you're def. going in the right direction.

Nicha11
17-01-2009, 11:40
Anyone else have anything to add?

Gen. Confusion
17-01-2009, 15:55
I think your tomb prince needs some armor. Give him light armor and a shield. The golden ahnkra is nice but I think points wise the collar of shapesh would be better. Also make sure you protect your liche priest. I see he has no defence at all. You should keep him hidden in a archer unit well away from the fighting.

greendan
17-01-2009, 17:21
Try this.
The same thing but with more units and oomph!

HEROES:
TOMB PRINCE
+great weapon, hand weapon
shield & light armour
vambraces of the sun

LICHE PRIEST
+cloak of the dunes

CORE:
SKELETON ARCHERS (20)
+hand weapon & bow

SKELETON ARCHERS (20)
+hand weapon & bow

SPECIAL:
CHARIOTS (3)
CHARIOTS (3)

TOMB SCORPION

RARE:
SCREAMING SKULL CATAPULT

Characters can get expensive. I try to keep them cheap and useful.
Tomb guard can be very good but in a smaller game two blocks of archers will probably work better.
Shoot, reform and take a charge, then use your chariots to flank when possible.
Scorpion to burrow or simply charge small skirmish/shooting units.
:chrome: