PDA

View Full Version : Can a bretonian lord on pegasus join a unit?

punkoteloco
15-01-2009, 23:42
HI, this question came up the other day on my gaming group. A bretonian guy was playing with his lord on pegasus and he wanted to join the unit of pegasus he also had. but in the army book ( i have it in spanish ) it says that no charachter can join flying units, and as far as i know pegasus is a flying unit.
Can the bret join his character in the pegasus unit and why?

Thanks

Yaffar
15-01-2009, 23:46
As you say, the rulebook says: no Charakter can join a flying unit. No charakter on a flying mount can join any unit ! See charakter and flying-unit section in the rulebook

Surgency
15-01-2009, 23:46
Nope. BRB specifically forbids characters on flying mounts from joining units, even flying ones. I'll look up the page, but I'm sure someone will get there before I do ;)

Necromancy Black
16-01-2009, 00:08
Nope, no character can not join a flying unit (page 69), unless they have a rule to state otherwise (like in the upcoming lizardmen book).

EDIT:: Damn it, left the "not" out :/

EldarBishop
16-01-2009, 00:10
No, see pg 69 in the BRB

punkoteloco
16-01-2009, 03:35
ok thanks to clarify that. close this thread

Ardansk
17-01-2009, 20:48
Hmm but isn't it diffrent because they are flying cavalry? I asked this in my local GW and the manager and a few others said they could because the pegasus knights are a unit of flying cavalry and have restrictions to mark that, therefore it is fine. They are not a flying unit there different lol.

Harwammer
17-01-2009, 20:52
Characters on flyin mounts may not join units.

Flying units may not be joined by characters.

I've always found it silly that pegalord couldn't join forces with pegaknights! But dems da rulez!

Necromancy Black
17-01-2009, 21:13
Hmm but isn't it diffrent because they are flying cavalry? I asked this in my local GW and the manager and a few others said they could because the pegasus knights are a unit of flying cavalry and have restrictions to mark that, therefore it is fine. They are not a flying unit there different lol.

Actually they are a flying unit. The rules for Flying calvary are actually a sub-set of the rules for flying units. Flying calvary arn't different to flying units, they're a specific type.

Fellblade
17-01-2009, 22:07
Hmm but isn't it diffrent because they are flying cavalry?
No. Characters can't join flying units. Period.

Rumor is there's a lizardman special character riding a terradon with a special rule which allows him to join terradon units.

Necromancy Black
17-01-2009, 22:22
No. Characters can't join flying units. Period.

Rumor is there's a lizardman special character riding a terradon with a special rule which allows him to join terradon units.

Rumour is actually that any skink character on terradon can join terradon units. The SC character can join them and lets them come on from any board edge like miners do.