PDA

View Full Version : Which 2000 Points Nurgle Demons List is Better?

GMMStudios
15-01-2009, 23:47
Hey all

Thinking of starting nurgle demons, and having no experience with them, and very little of fantasy I thought I would post a couple lists to see what people think. I've done a lot of reading and from what I have gathered I made these.

While the lists are nurgle themed, I am more than willing to add demons from other gods because I will be using conversions for everything anyway.

First list:

Herald
Palanquin, Level 1, Staff of Nurgle

Herald

Herald
Palanquin, Level 1, Staff of Nurgle BSB Chaos Glory (125 pts, 12" demons stubborn)

21 PBs with command and Icon of Eternal Virulence
21 PBs with command and Icon of Eternal Virulence
21 PBs with command (-musician to fit in 2000) and Icon of Eternal Virulence

4 Nurglings

2000 even.

The idea for the above is that the three Heralds sit in the three units, marching forward and just not dying. I am wondering if the BSB is worth it? It makes the units so much harder but is it worth the points? If I drop it I could add more nurglings, or something else from the list.

LIST TWO:
Epidemius

Herald

Herald

Herald
Palanquin, Level 1, Staff of Nurgle BSB Chaos Glory (125 pts, 12" demons stubborn)

16 PBs with command and Icon of Eternal Virulence
16 PBs with command and Icon of Eternal Virulence
16 PBs with command (-musician to fit in 2000) and Icon of Eternal Virulence

5 Nurglings

1990 (Im sure I could find another 10 to spend if I tried)

Benefits - I still have the three blocks with heralds, but adding Ediddy makes the army tougher, and it also adds one nurgling base. However, the units drop to 5x4 (palanquin takes up four spaces).

And of course with this one I could drop the icon of glory.

I *really* appreciate any help!!

Thanks!

Zeuzism
19-01-2009, 08:58
Well, I advise you to completely rethink the idea.

Any sensible player will march block you from turn one. They will either pick out a single unit and swarm it. Or shoot you while you're a lame duck.

I know I will...

Z.