PDA

View Full Version : Tactica: Dogs of War

John Wayne II
16-01-2009, 13:45
Anyone here have any love for the rugged, hard drinkin' Dogs of War? Thought we should have a tactica on them. Yeah, the army list is not exactly amazing but we have to make the most of what we have IMHO.

Oh, and I'm talking about the Dogs of War army list written by Cavatore, not the Regiments of Renown, which I don't like for the same reasons I don't like special characters.

Thoughts?

Cambion Daystar
16-01-2009, 13:49
There already is a DoW tactica floating around. Do a search before you open a new thread!

Bloodknight
16-01-2009, 15:47
We have a tactica already. Not to **** on your parade, but although a lot of the RoR are crap, some of them are pretty essential for a successful DoW army.

John Wayne II
16-01-2009, 17:50
There already is a DoW tactica floating around. Do a search before you open a new thread!

Of course :o. I thought that there wouldn't be one because of the niche status of DoW. Oh well, we might as well take these lemons and make some lemonade!

Not to **** on your parade, but although a lot of the RoR are crap, some of them are pretty essential for a successful DoW army.

Really? I spot 3, maybe 4 units out of the whole RoR roster that are anywhere near cost effective, and even then I wouldn't call them "essential".

Condottiere
16-01-2009, 17:52
We all have our favourite units, and since the RoR are unique, it's easier to relate to them than some generic formation.

John Wayne II
16-01-2009, 17:55
We all have our favourite units, and since the RoR are unique, it's easier to relate to them than some generic formation.

Ok, fair enough. I just don't like the fact that they are named "special" units; I usually like to field stuff that I can invent a name for, and I don't like to proxy. But even then I find it hard to justify 99% of those units as tacticaly useful.