PDA

View Full Version : Minus67 Lizardmen Idea

Minus67
17-01-2009, 19:57
Slann Mage Priest
The Focused Rumination (+1 Power dice)
Higher State of Consciousness (only magic attacks hurt him)
Divine Plaque Of Protection (2+ ward save vs range)
Plaque Of Topek (knows one extra spell)
Dispel Scroll

Skink Priest
Level 2
Dispel Scroll
Diadem Of Power (convert two power dice to dispel dice)

Sauras Scar Vet
Cold One
BSB
Burning Blade Of Chote
Mirrorpool Shield
Light Armor

Sauras Scar Vet
Pirhana Blade
Bane Head
Shield
Light Armor
Cold One

23 Sauras Warriors
Spears
Standard Bearer
Musician

23 Sauras Warriors
Spears
Standard Bearer
Musician

25 Sauras Warriors
Spears
Standard Bearer
Musician

25 Sauras Warriors
Spears
Standard Bearer
Musician

3 Terradons

The list is kinda weird. Slann does NOT join a unit since he is immune to non magical shooting and has a 2+ ward vs. ranged attacks.

The scar vets set up in units and kill characers with their crazy items and armor save. Terradons kill a warmachine

With T4 a 3+ save ( if they want it) and rerollable LD 9 as long as they are not beat by an outnumbering fear causer they should hold vs (almost) any charge.

The slann should be taking beasts or shadow for the movement spells and beast cowers. I may take the Scar vet with bane head off his cold one so he can be steed of shadowed into his target.

Gunline armies will be bad for it though.. though maybe celestial shield and movement spells will help?

Nightsword
17-01-2009, 20:20
You're right, this is a wierd list :P It's a variation of the Thunder Lizard tactic in the back of the 6th ed lizard book which placed it's emphasis on big units of saurus acting as a solid wall, with a few units as flankers. I think it takes that concept on board pretty well.

However, you have no high strength troops to deal with high toughness/Armour save units, for anything like a dragon, bloodthirster and you're pretty susceptible to war machines (bar the terradons). I can't help but think that 4 saurus blocks is too many, and you should cut one and replace them with a unit of chameleon skinks (for scouting to take out war machines quicker) and some skirmishers with blowpipes, just to shield your advance or to move quickly down the flank.

GodlessM
17-01-2009, 20:35
I take it then that Topek is not an enchanted item?

Minus67
17-01-2009, 20:37
You're right, this is a wierd list :P It's a variation of the Thunder Lizard tactic in the back of the 6th ed lizard book which placed it's emphasis on big units of saurus acting as a solid wall, with a few units as flankers. I think it takes that concept on board pretty well.

However, you have no high strength troops to deal with high toughness/Armour save units, for anything like a dragon, bloodthirster and you're pretty susceptible to war machines (bar the terradons). I can't help but think that 4 saurus blocks is too many, and you should cut one and replace them with a unit of chameleon skinks (for scouting to take out war machines quicker) and some skirmishers with blowpipes, just to shield your advance or to move quickly down the flank.

i thought about some camo skinks too.. hmm maybe

dragon can be beast cowered
high AS is lore of metal same with war machines

but i understand your point

Minus67
17-01-2009, 20:37
I take it then that Topek is not an enchanted item?

it is an arcane item

Minus67
17-01-2009, 20:40
Slann Mage Priest
The Focused Rumination
Higher State of Consciousness
Divine Plaque Of Protection
Plaque Of Topek
Dispel Scroll

Skink Priest
Level 2
Dispel Scroll
Diadem Of Power

Sauras Scar Vet
Cold One
BSB
Burning Blade Of Chotec
Mirrorpool Shield
Light Armor

Sauras Scar Vet
Pirhana Blade
Bane Head
Shield
Light Armor
Cold One

23 Sauras Warriors
Spears
Standard Bearer
Musician

23 Sauras Warriors
Spears
Standard Bearer
Musician

25 Sauras Warriors
Spears
Standard Bearer
Musician

5 Terradons

5 Camo Skinks

5 Camo Skinks

5 Terradons

Better?

Nightsword
17-01-2009, 21:59
Better?

Aye, better than before I reckonz.

blackjack
17-01-2009, 22:05
I am also considering dumping my TG for spears and putting the Slann out on his own. I think However that the Slann is going to get some flying peg knights, furies, teradons etc, come visit him from time to time and then he will be in alot of trouble.

Minus67
17-01-2009, 23:38
none of those things can hurt him.

blackjack
17-01-2009, 23:47
How's that? I would imagine a flock of Peg Knights could tie him up and spear him good. What am I missing?

Nightsword
17-01-2009, 23:58
Furies are daemonic so have magical attacks so they could hurt him, if they can get through his ward save. I don't believe the terradons or flying peg knights could though.

Minus67
18-01-2009, 07:12
the higher state discipline makes him immune to non magic attacks

furies however are annoying

Lotl Botl
18-01-2009, 16:37
um 2 units of scouts not neccasary
you may find a unit of 4 terradons more fieldable
also for ur theme three saurus units are enough, what size are you planning on fielding your blocks in? maybe change them to 24 (6x4) (are the Sc/Co in them)
with the extra couple points add one more "hammer" unit/model and this list will be very solid with many pretty balanced in all phases
ps-you might find some cheap 45 point swarms effective for blocking your block flanks

genestealer_baldric
24-01-2009, 23:41
iam new to fantasy i know 5X5 is average for squadsize, but is there a unit size that is to big for sarus? for example is 64 (8x8) to many for a squad.