PDA

View Full Version : W. of C. Using the mounts to...

Incoming
17-01-2009, 20:19
Have anyone thought about having a character on a mount of Slaanesh speeding into units of the opponent for the challanges aimed at their sorcerer.

I know I am a beginner at the game, but is this not a great idea? :)

Angelust
17-01-2009, 20:24
Don't Discs basically do the same thing but better?

Harwammer
17-01-2009, 20:45
Well, with discs you can't put your character in a unit (as he is on a flying mount). This leaves the character somewhat vulnerable to ranged attacks. The steeds move just as far (except they can't go over things) so its not exactly cut and dry over which is better.

If you do use this tactic beware there is a good chance you won't kill the enemy sorceror and you don't have any ranks/standards to back you up so often you will lose combat and flee (risking being run down!)

Jericho
17-01-2009, 21:33
Considering the enemy wizard can always refuse the challenge, I don't know how effective this combo will be. He'll plow into units, and if they are fully ranked combat units then he will not beat them and likely flee. 3 ranks, banner and outnumber are extremely likely, and a tie does you no good either due to musicians. Good luck killing 6 rank and file every time you try this.

decker_cky
17-01-2009, 21:42
I think the point was to support charges or jump into units defensively and challenge to save the wizard from needing to challenge.

Not a horrible idea, but it depends how you play it. Considering the defensive basis of this, it might even work better on a barded steed since you'll rarely need to jump 20" to do it. I see discs and slaanesh steeds as more offensive tools to take the battle to opponents.

Incoming
17-01-2009, 22:15
But I heard that now with the new rule for Warriors is that the characters has to challenge, that when you have more then one character you randomize on a dice 1-3/4-6 or 1-2/3-4/5-6.

Havock
17-01-2009, 22:39
You heard wrong :p

Harwammer
17-01-2009, 22:57
But I heard that now with the new rule for Warriors is that the characters has to challenge, that when you have more then one character you randomize on a dice 1-3/4-6 or 1-2/3-4/5-6.

You heard a house rule. There is currently no official rule to decide how events proceed when a combat begins containing multiple characters from the same side that must issue challenges.

Incoming
17-01-2009, 22:58
Okay how do you do it and wheres the ruling?

W0lf
17-01-2009, 23:36
If more then one HAS to challenge then pick.

If your talkign about the opponent he gets to pick who accepts or declines. So you cant challenge a specific model.