PDA

View Full Version : What new units would you add to these lizardmen?

forgottenlor
18-01-2009, 07:25
A general question to those following the lizardmen rumours or who have read the book. I'm seeking to expant my already large lizardman army and pondering what would be best to add. Here is what I've already got:

Heroes:
1 Slaan
1 Old one/scar vet mounted.
2 Old one/scar vets on foot.
5 Skink heores/shamen.

Core:
48 Saurus warriors, 25 with spears.
78 Skinks.

Special:
8 Kroxigore
1 Stegadon
2X5 cold one riders with full command.
26 Temple guard

Rare:
3 Salamanders.

I've got a budget of about 150 Euros which I think is about 90 pounds or 200 us dollars. I'd appreciate any suggestions alot.:)

Condottiere
18-01-2009, 09:48
Since the budget is the limiting factor, why not let the early adopters try out the new book for a few weeks and report what's working or not and you'll know which units your list need.

forgottenlor
18-01-2009, 10:25
This is probably a good idea. I'm thinking that I'd like to buy at least 1 unit though with the book (its hard waiting). Right now the early poll results support my feeling that I should buy a stegadon box. I'm a little unsure if I should build an engine of the gods or an ancient stegadon though (or maybe one with a chief?) as I already have a standard one with a giant bow.

gregorith
18-01-2009, 21:36
well you have got a few skink chiefs, they go well with the engine of the gods, but depends on your play style. More combat orientated take a skink chief with ancient stegadon, with war lance thats one hard hitting creature ^^ or if magic is more your cup of tea, go with engine.

GodlessM
18-01-2009, 21:45
I voted the second option as it seems like the pretty obvious choice.

Condottiere
18-01-2009, 22:03
I forgot to mention that you can always proxy the units to get a feel for them yourselves.

W0lf
19-01-2009, 00:07
4 stegadons.

when any question can be answered by stegadons its not much of a question ^^