PDA

View Full Version : Pirazzo's Lost Legion and Sarus Hero on CO pics

NetGuru
29-04-2005, 12:04
Just a quick heads up to show some new things that GW has updated their website with, mainly a sneak peek of The Lost Legion (http://uk.games-workshop.com/sneakpeeks/warhammer/image1.jpg) and pics of the Saurus heros on CO (http://uk.games-workshop.com/lustria/miniature-gallery/2/)

Nothing special but it might intrest a few people..

rkunisch
29-04-2005, 13:29
It is a pity that they did not repaint Pirazzo's boys and just show an old image. :(

The Saurus heros on CO look nice. It is a likely addition to my Lizardmen army. :D

Have fun,

Rolf.

75hastings69
29-04-2005, 14:04
I would have liked to have seen new updates of the mercenaries models, especially the mounted skinks (don't recall names). I would hardly call them "sneak peeks" though, those models have been around ages!!!!

A little off thread, but i would also like an update of the Golgfags Mercenary Ogres, as they look nothing like the new OK range, and also those awful Chaos Ogres whilst they are at it (the Chaos Ogres & Chaos Trolls are possibly the worst minis of recent times, and the yetis had potential to be great models instead of the monopose awfully scuplted face things we ended up with, they should look more like the "snow troll" available to perorder on www.heresyminiatures.co.uk)

m1s1n
29-04-2005, 17:25
So . . . after seeing a couple models mounted on the new cold ones . . . I think I prefer the fat cow variety.

jackdude
29-04-2005, 18:45
I think i like the old cold ones as well. The hands on the new ones look a bit off.

So, are pirazzo's boys getting a re-release worldwide? Does it mean we dont have to pay high OOP prices for them anymore?

Captain Brown
29-04-2005, 19:24
Well alas I sold my Lost Legion ages ago. All painted up complete with conversions, just could not justify having so many armies so the Dogs of War was one that I moved.

I found the Lost Legion models a little too disorganized for my taste, in that you needed to sort out a method for placing them otherwise their helmet feathers prevented them ranking up properly. I liked the poses of the Alcatani Fellowship much better.

My two cents.

Capitán Sánchez
01-05-2005, 18:57
Nice news indeed. I have 24 legionnaires and 10 more to use them as "normal" crossbowers. I love them, very Estalian looking models. ;)

Thank you

75hastings69
01-05-2005, 21:08
I really like the new cold ones, especially the heads and aztec (lizardmen) style collars and the face gaurd, BUT the front claws are ****!! Who sculpted them? Are DE going to get new Cold Ones too?

Sgt John Keel
01-05-2005, 22:50
So . . . after seeing a couple models mounted on the new cold ones . . . I think I prefer the fat cow variety.

Same here. I can't say I like the new Saurii at all either. They're using rats as saddle and the mouths still look off. :( If I start a Lizardmen army, it'll contain no Saurii at all. Except maybe one on the Carnosaur. Such a beautiful model. No, Skinks is the way forward. At least their heroes look nice.

/Adrian

Killshot
02-05-2005, 04:19
Got to agree, I prefer the old Battle-Cattle as well.

NetGuru
02-05-2005, 09:57
Also on the online store is the new Lizardmen battalion box (http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99120208005&orignav=9) nothing special, just a battalion box that must be a huge amount of points. Also i expect to see a hell of a lot more Cold One riders in the near future....

Sylass
02-05-2005, 11:09
i am a super hero

i am the best man alive
I disagree. You are a spammer, nothing more.

On top of that you'll have a strike if you continue to spam the forum like that.

Consider this a warning.

Thanks.

-Sylass, Portent mod.

Crazy Harborc
03-05-2005, 01:52
Oh, the local GW store has sold a few boxes of them, so they say. They are good to look at, I didn't ask about pricing on them.

Sylass, I like the new effect on your avatar.

HiveTrygon
08-05-2005, 16:24
I hate to be nagative but am I the only one who does not like saurus? I don't like any except for the special character on the carnosaur. The head crests and mouths bug me. I love the bodies and such but hate the heads. The special guy has lots of metal piercings and stuff to make him look more menacing. They just did me in, I was going to collect a lizardmen army until I saw the saurus.

As for the Lost Legion, great models, timeless. I think they could be used for any army and still stand their ground. Some of the best GW ever mad IMO. :D Glad they are back, I need some.

boogle
08-05-2005, 16:31
does anyone know if you can still get ahold of the 'Conquistador' style Imperial swordsmen and handgunners?

jackdude
09-05-2005, 02:18
I believe you can still get metal handgunners in blisters in the GW stores or at least mail order. The old 'Tilean' swordsmen are only avaliable from GW through mail oder iirc. You can always try ebay of course.

Crazy Harborc
09-05-2005, 02:28
IF you don't play in GW "official events/stores" Try Old Glory Miniatures. OG's 25mm Conquistadors, when placed onto 20mm square bases stand as tall as GW's. ;) Check Old Glory out. :)

AngelofSorrow
09-05-2005, 06:59
Those new Saurus are God Awful i much prefer the old Cold Ones they look great and I have to disagree on the 'cattle' remarks i think the bulk makes them look more muscled like they can make a leap as they go into battle can u imagine not only that big thing barreling down on you but a lance pointing at u as well

tzeentchgiant
09-05-2005, 16:19
I prefer the newer CO models, just the hands that I can't stand, nothing a bit of greenstuff and some bashing won't fix though,

Not like it matters anyway I play chaos,

TG

Jedi152
09-05-2005, 16:54
does anyone know if you can still get ahold of the 'Conquistador' style Imperial swordsmen and handgunners?
I've just had a look. No handgunners, and 4 swordsmen (none conqistador style) seem to be available at all. Shame, they were some good models.

Looks like your best bet is eBay.

boogle
09-05-2005, 21:43
bugger, never mind, i'll keep my eyes out for them on ebay, and if Marco Colombo becom,es available in the Uk add him as a character

Crazy Harborc
10-05-2005, 00:24
Well, good luck finding minies you'll want to use. E-bay is worth checking on a regular basis. All kinds of people I know have bought there.

oatish
10-05-2005, 01:56
The Saurus have always bugged me. I was so stoked to play Lizardmen but the Saurus just look terrible. Where is the Raptor clenching spear and sheild and barring wicked fangs? These new heroes are really good though. Almost as good as the new skink heroes.

oatish