PDA

View Full Version : There must be a cheaper way..

Mozzamanx
19-01-2009, 13:38
Ello chums,

I'm slowly expanding my Dark Angel army, and in the near future I'd love to convert myself a custom Azrael and Honour Guard. I'm sorted for Azzy, and know exactly what to do.

Now, I know exactly what I want the Guard to look like, but can't seem to find very many viable bases. Attached is a picture of pretty much the perfect look, but I'm stumped on how to reach it. One thought I had was using a few Chaplain models as bases, which provide an excellent look but do not have the capes. There's also the price to worry, but that's not too bad when I'm only going to be making 4.

Another thought was using Sword Brethren, but I'm not sure if they look ornate enough, plus there's all the iconography. This is a similar problem with the Ultramarine Guard, who are covered in little U's.

Anyone know any decent model bases? There need to be 4 similar looking models, without being direct clones.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Aegius
19-01-2009, 13:41
one of the company masters looks a bit like that, the one in the masters of the chapter box.

Mozzamanx
19-01-2009, 13:48
Oh, should have said. They're a bit awkward, since they will be put into service as Company Masters, or Azrael in the case of the Arsenal.

Still, it's not a bad suggestion. I could always find other Captains I suppose.

MasterGideon
19-01-2009, 13:54
Heavy Convert the Dark Angel Vet box set, green stuff and all. But on a side note I have always Imaged the Dark Angels Honour Guard to be In Terminator Armour, and being part of the Deathwing, Like the Best of Best Of best....but that jsut me lol!

MasterGideon

Mannimarco
19-01-2009, 14:57
id imagine them to be running around in articifer armour instead of terminator.....looks a lot fancier....its an ego thing

pookie
19-01-2009, 16:54
the UM honour gaurd 'could work' though i think they look too Smurf like. maybe multiple use of plastics.

take19
19-01-2009, 17:02
I can be percise, but i'd say a combination of eldar, thosuands sons and standard SM's.

Darkhorse
19-01-2009, 19:48
Looks vaguely like CSM style armour, I'd check them for possibles.