PDA

View Full Version : kislev and dogs of war.

Gillburg
19-01-2009, 14:45
ok kislev is a great army i have one myself, although there is no rule stating that they can but are dow legal to take?

for exemple it says "Voland’s Venators can be hired as a Core Unit in Dogs
of War armies. Alternatively, they can be hired as a Rare Unit in
other Warhammer armies, except Bretonnia."

kislev is an offical army so it points out they can, although it doesnt have a rare slot stating that they can, like the new books, they can take dow but they dont have a rare slot saying they can. kislev was never supposed to be a full list but with dow options it can be a powerful and competitive list

so what is your opinion can they?

thx

Condottiere
19-01-2009, 17:14
1. Kislev should have the same options and required slots as an Empire force for all DoW units.

2. That would mean that Ricco's Republican Guard would be a special slot, and Voland's would be a rare slot, for Kislev.

sabre4190
19-01-2009, 17:39
Alternatively, I'm fairly certain you can take a kislev allied contigent in a DOW army. This offers alot more options and is pretty much a better list. You now have access to magic users, which is probably the best way to do it. You still have all the same kislev options, but far more choices from the DOW list in the core and heroes section. The only problem is that half the army has to come from the DoW themselves. This can be fixed easily by using the kislev cavalry as DoW cavalry and taking some fun units from the list.

But if you don't want to go this route, I would probably support Condottiere's argument. Hey, even if its not right, what are they going to do. Accuse you of powergaming?

sabre4190
19-01-2009, 17:39
By the way, where did you pick up your kislev stuff? I've be trying to snag as much of it as possible, but I'm running out of luck.

Griefbringer
19-01-2009, 18:48
In case somebody is needing Kislev stuff, I have a bunch of Kislevite cavalry (all sorts, unassembled and unpainted) that I am looking to getting rid of for a decent price.

I should remember to update my ad in the trading section, actually.

Gillburg
19-01-2009, 19:24
sabre i just got it all from ebay but bought it in bits

pm me grief with your stuff u want to sell im always up for more kislev

someone2040
19-01-2009, 23:49
My oppinion is that anyone can take Dogs of War as long as it meets the proper requirements set out by the units.
Even if your book doesn't specify you can take Dogs of War, the Dogs of War, Regiments of Renown and Ogre Kingdoms books I believe, state, you can take xx regiment in yy armies as a special/rare slot. I really think that's all they need.