PDA

View Full Version : 2250 skaven w/ screaming bell

Foegnasher
19-01-2009, 19:24
never had much luck with the bell, and I really want to make it work. so here's what i've come up with, input woul dbe appreciated.

general:

grey seer, ws charm, dispel scroll, twisted crown, screaming bell
warlock, full kit (no pistol), ws amulet, storm daemon
chieftan, bsb, lite armor, stormbanner
1 x 20 clanrats, full command (pushes bell)
4 x 25 clanrats, full command
4 x 20 slaves, mu
4 x 6 nightrunners, xhw
2 x 10 plague monks, xhw
2 x 6 plague censer bearers

10 magic, 5 dispel, 1 scroll, 1 bound item, 18 drops.

the plan is to pepper the enemy with magic, and soften them up for the charge of the pestilens units. the small units of monks have worked out for me, and i had an extra 40 points, so i thought i'd give them extra hand weapons to give them a bit more punch. i've had luck using them in tandem with the censer bearers on units, the bearers in the front, and the small monk units takeing the flank.

what do you guys think? is this list a winner?

Malorian
20-01-2009, 03:40
I like you 300 model list better ;)

Foegnasher
20-01-2009, 04:25
after 15 or so games, i was beginning to miss my toys. in my last two games i warplightinged(sp?) and shot my opponents tough stuff into oblivion, it was a nice change of pace. this timw, i want a seer and a bell. just to keep it interesting, i can always bust out the 400 model horde anytime i'm feeling froggy. i know it works.

Daniel Skaven Blight
24-01-2009, 21:48
Interesting usually though when I use the bell I give the seer the tenebrous cloak, its cheaper and does the same thing as the twisted crown, you might want to slip the eye of the horned rat in there somewhere,

Foegnasher
25-01-2009, 00:56
this list got absolutely DESTROYED by a magic heavy O&G list. everything was going well, but i made some poor tactical decisions and didnt hold up his giant as long as i wanted, then in one turn, both flanks folded like wet tissue, and the bell unit/middle collapsed under the green tide. i didn't expect it to win, but i didnt expect to nearly get tabled at the bottom of 6, ethier.