PDA

View Full Version : Space marine armour!

Luke
30-11-2005, 19:22
oh my word! check these babies out. i did a google search for space marines and came across these. absolutely brill! i gotta get me a suit!

any ideas how they were made. the original site quotes that the picture is somehwat a mystery, no one knows who they are etc blah.

http://relicuniverse.com/images/halloween_space_marines.jpg

best suits ever imho.

edit-------

i dont know if these have been posted before, but i stay clear of the 40k general forum so i dont care :p

ankara halla
30-11-2005, 19:25
They were made for the video clips for the computer game EPIC: Final Liberation (pretty good game BTW.)
You'll also find pretty cool Ork suits by the same company (made also for the game) as well as a few Terminator suits (made for Games Day).

FireN.Brimstone
30-11-2005, 19:43
I could be wrong but those look like statue suits, good statue suits but still immobile, with people's faces photo-shopped on top.

Luke
30-11-2005, 19:45
well i dont have my glasses on but they look fairly real. and if ankara said they were in a vid clip, surely they would have moved. although i do agree there doesnt seem to be a lot of give in the elbows

ankara halla
30-11-2005, 21:15
Yeah, the guys in the suits moved somewhat but not too much. As far as I recall the clips with the marines were mostly edited to torsos and such.
It's certainly been a while though, the game was released back in 1997.

boogle
01-12-2005, 00:30
they look far too small for those suits

Jericho
01-12-2005, 01:50
Remember these babies were made before our current range of plastic Marines was released. Can you imagine how cool they'd look with modern style Mk7 armor?

Luke
01-12-2005, 10:00
i'm trying to imagine the terminator armour! :D

i mean as far as suits go, they are superb. as well as being true scale they actually look like the miniatures. i mean to a certain degree, those guys obviously have hips.

Krueger
01-12-2005, 10:22
They look too immobile me thinks, but if they were used in a video...

Also did the ork suits have helmets that looked like ork heads or what. It must have gotten pretty hot inside all the stuff

chivalrous
01-12-2005, 10:50
i'm trying to imagine the terminator armour! :D

i mean as far as suits go, they are superb. as well as being true scale they actually look like the miniatures. i mean to a certain degree, those guys obviously have hips.

true scale but with an 25% or so reduction in size. These guys are what? 6 foot tall? Marines are closer to 8.

EmperorsChamp01
01-12-2005, 11:08
Yea there was a guy on 40Kforums that made 3 life size SM armor about 3 or 4 monthes ago. Heres a link to the site
http://www.40kforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=15807

If you read through all the pages it show pic of them as he builds them and they are fully articulated.. Enjoy.

Luke
01-12-2005, 16:52
i remember them.
myself, i prefere the final liberation ones as they look more plausible. and the feet are better.

but they look nice. and hats off to anybody with the ambition to build their own suits.

mostholycerebus
02-12-2005, 00:49
Heh, that d00d on the left is like: "WTF? Stupid wargame l00sers!"

Brother Othorio
02-12-2005, 03:30
Remember these babies were made before our current range of plastic Marines was released. Can you imagine how cool they'd look with modern style Mk7 armor?

erm yes.. quite easily really since they would be almost identical in every way.. (except the 'inner' side of the shoulderpads)