PDA

View Full Version : Winged Horror VS Disc Of Tzeentch

Grunge
20-01-2009, 14:45
Other than the base size, I don't see any advantage on taking Winged Horror over the disc. Am I wrong?

Same points cost. The disc has an extra attack. The disc lets you take another 20 point Demonic Gift. What am I missing here?

Also, so this can be analised in context, what are the common characters and items combination one should take in a pure tzeentch army?

Devon Harmon
20-01-2009, 15:00
WInged Horror gives 360 degree line of sight, while the disc does not. The disc does give +1 Armour Save, as it is cavalry.

Also, a Herald on a disc cannot join any units, while a Herald with Winged Horror can.

==Me==
20-01-2009, 15:08
Bingo, a Winged Herald can hide in a Horror bunker until it's time to fly out.

Grunge
20-01-2009, 15:22
And he can't with the disc? I thought it was like a deamonic mount. They used to be able to join units.

Devon Harmon
20-01-2009, 15:24
CHaracters mounted on flying creatures cannot join units, pg. 72. If the Daemonic mount doesn't fly, then they can join units while riding it.

MarcoPollo
20-01-2009, 17:26
The way I see it, if you are going for the protection (ward and LOS), sneaky aspect then use the winged horror. But this only gives you 25pts for more upgrades. Otherwise, use the chariot instead. You are excluded from the LOS from unit protection just like a disc, but atleast you can hit hard enough to cancel out ranks. The disc although slightly smaller than the chariot, cannot hit nearly as hard and exposes you to shooting. At least with the chariot, you can upgrade a full 50 pts of magic.

Wapniak
21-01-2009, 15:42
Chariot + Irediscent corona + Lore of Fire (Flaming sword of Rhuin) and you get a really hard hitting guy. Furthermore if you're on chariot then only 1/3 of arrows hit the character.

Dead Man Walking
22-01-2009, 23:15
Take a chariot and the gift that lets you do d6 shooting hits, that way you can fly around stopping marching and do some damage without relying on the magic phase. That and you can do a stand and fire with this gift if you really have to.