PDA

View Full Version : Local Torunament Scenarios - Help!

Napoleon22
20-01-2009, 16:46
Hi Everyone,

I was told in the description for a local HoH tournament that it would have 4 rounds of play, all with different scenarios.

I assumed they would be out of the rule book, but then someone tells me that those scenarios end up in draws too commonly, and do not represent 5th edition game play well. We would therefore be using an updated list of 'alternate' scenarios of unknown origins.

I would really like to know what these are, and get a good look at them if this sounds familiar to anyone. It would especially help to know if troops are essential in objective capturing, and if there are kill points or victory points... Things like this would seriously alter my army list choices.

Cheers!

ZOMGBBQ
20-01-2009, 16:49
Hi Everyone,

I was told in the description for a local HoH tournament that it would have 4 rounds of play, all with different scenarios.

I assumed they would be out of the rule book, but then someone tells me that those scenarios end up in draws too commonly, and do not represent 5th edition game play well. We would therefore be using an updated list of 'alternate' scenarios of unknown origins.

I would really like to know what these are, and get a good look at them if this sounds familiar to anyone. It would especially help to know if troops are essential in objective capturing, and if there are kill points or victory points... Things like this would seriously alter my army list choices.

Cheers!
You need to ask the Tournament organisers.

markoman
20-01-2009, 16:54
Hi Everyone,

Cheers!

If it is a HoH tournament then they are most likely using the updated HoH Scenarios found in their player pack on the GW website. I'd send a link but I can't access it from work. A google search for 2008-2009 Hall of Heroes Scenarios should do it though.

Napoleon22
20-01-2009, 17:20
Thank you markoman,

This looks like the right thing. It is a list of primary and secondary objectives that are randomly combined to make different missions.

markoman
20-01-2009, 17:33
Thank you markoman,

This looks like the right thing. It is a list of primary and secondary objectives that are randomly combined to make different missions.

You are Welcome. These are the list of scenarios used at the HoH tournies I have attended so I assumed they would be the same for you.