PDA

View Full Version : skulltaker on juggernaut

meanmachine
20-01-2009, 17:16
hi

i'm just getting started in fantasy can you help me with this please.

When skull taker is riding a juggernaut do any of his stats change besides hi ld.
the bloodcrushers of khorne have higher strength toughness, attacks and wounds than bloodletters, but their just bloodletters on juggernauts.

is it the juggernaut that gave them those bonuses if so will skulltaker get any higher stats

thanks

Neckutter
20-01-2009, 18:34
skulltaker on juggernaut doesnt change any of his stats, except for his armorsave. the juggernaught is just a massive horse mount. it has like 2 attacks, S5, WS5.

i think you are thinking of the 40k version, where a juggernaut changes their stats a bit.

Master Incarias
20-01-2009, 18:35
Skulltaker does not get any stat bonuses for riding a Juggernaut, apart from the added Armour for being mounted, but the Jugger does get its own attacks.

EDIT:
Hrm, beat me to it...

meanmachine
20-01-2009, 18:43
i wasn't thinking of the 40k version.

thanks guys

so skulltaker and his mount both attack seperatly,
gw always told me that mounts and riders count as a single unit in fantasy,

Neckutter
20-01-2009, 19:39
they do count as a single MODEL. but the single model has two parts, both of which fight.

Necromancy Black
20-01-2009, 21:10
Look up the rules for Mounstrous Mounts, which are the ones the juggernaught follows.

Cambion Daystar
20-01-2009, 21:24
Juggers aren't monstrous mounts anymore. They are just cavalry now.

Necromancy Black
20-01-2009, 21:25
Oh really? I though they still had more then one wound. Oh well, my mistake. That makes them a bit easier to kill.

Mozzamanx
20-01-2009, 21:28
Eh? You can't attack the Juggernaut separately, so it's invincible now until the 0+ Bloodletter bites it.

Cambion Daystar
21-01-2009, 06:46
And automaticly whacked when the 0+ bloodletter/herald bites it

Neckutter
21-01-2009, 12:36
a juggernaut, and all daemonic mounts are just really big horses now.

sulla
22-01-2009, 06:13
As opposed to free CR like they used to be.

nosferatu1001
22-01-2009, 08:02
I would rather not have my daemonic mount shot out from under me - and contributing +3 to my armour save is even better.

A 0+AS Herald of khorne charging out of tthe protective unit of letters can be monstrous - decent strength with rerolls? yes please

Djekar
22-01-2009, 08:19
pshaw Nos, didn't you hear - all Khorne Daemons are weaksauce...:rolleyes:

~Gerbils

siphon101
22-01-2009, 14:50
I would rather not have my daemonic mount shot out from under me - and contributing +3 to my armour save is even better.

A 0+AS Herald of khorne charging out of tthe protective unit of letters can be monstrous - decent strength with rerolls? yes please

why would a herald chart OUT OF the unit of bloodletters? If memory serves, the base movement for a juggernaut, and a bloodletter, is the same at 5. Bloodletters don't grant any extra movement, like normal cavalry, but compensate by having a higher than normal armor bonus.

if the herald can reach, the bloodletters can reach.

nosferatu1001
22-01-2009, 14:58
A juggernaut is movement 7, not 5. So you charge him out when you want to make a charge you couldn't otherwise reach, or if you want your unit to stay behind to catch / guard a flank next turn, etc. So no, he can make charges his unit can't, I wouldn't have said it otherwise ;)

The bloodletters give you protection from cannonballs, magic missiles etc while you move across the board. A lot cheaper and marginally less real protection than a unit of Crushers would give you.

To be honest - blood letters are very, very weak. You need numbers to get them to work at all. The only properly strong Khorne daemon is the BT, who is far too powerful [balance not fluff wise!]

Edit: ah - I think i catch what you say: Bloodcrushers are the cavalry, and ARE movement 7. Bloodletters ride juggernaughts (and become bloodcrushers) or are on foot at movement 5. I think you got letters and crushers mixed up :D

siphon101
22-01-2009, 14:59
A juggernaut is movement 7, not 5. So you charge him out when you want to make a charge you couldn't otherwise reach, or if you want your unit to stay behind to catch / guard a flank next turn, etc. So no, he can make charges his unit can't, I wouldn't have said it otherwise ;)

The bloodletters give you protection from cannonballs, magic missiles etc while you move across the board. A lot cheaper and marginally less real protection than a unit of Crushers would give you.

To be honest - blood letters are very, very weak. You need numbers to get them to work at all. The only properly strong Khorne daemon is the BT, who is far too powerful [balance not fluff wise!]

wow, then I totally remembered wrong.

Maybe I'm confusing it with 40k