PDA

View Full Version : Slaanesh/Tzeentch Daemons -- Smash your Leadership!

dal9ll
20-01-2009, 18:24
Im trying to streamline this (hopefully) Leadership-smashing Daemons list. Its not really for competitive play, but I do hope that it can win effectively via the previously-mentioned strategy. One of my concerns is being able to deal with heavy cavalry and the like, as I think this army may be missing a little oomph, or hard-hitters. Here it is:

--The Masque
--Herald of Slaanesh w/ Many-Armed Monstrosity, Lvl. 1 Wizard (accompanies the 14 Daemonettes)
--Herald of Tzeentch w/ Master of Sorcery, Winged Horror (accompanies a unit of Horrors)
--Herald of Tzeentch w/ Disc, Power Vortex, BSB w/ Great Icon of Despair (accompanies a unit of Horrors)

--14 Daemonettes w/ Full Command, Siren Standard
--15 Daemonettes w/ Full Command, Banner of Ecstasy
--10 Pink Horrors w/ Banner of Change
--10 Pink Horrors w/ Icon of Sorcery

--4 Screamers of Tzeentch

--4 Fiends of Slaanesh
--6 Flamers of Tzeentch

TOTAL: 1993 points
67 models
10 power dice
7 dispel dice

==Me==
20-01-2009, 20:22
Disks can't join units, but it's an easy enough swap for Winged Horror.

I'd put an Etherblade on a the Herald as you really don't have much to go after armored Troops.

Also, running your Daemonettes 6 wide gives you maximum attacks, which is always good with their low S.

4 Fiends is too big, 2-3 is fine.

Shamfrit
20-01-2009, 20:38
--The Masque
--Herald of Slaanesh w/ Many-Armed Monstrosity, Lvl. 1 Wizard (accompanies the 14 Daemonettes)
--Herald of Tzeentch w/ Master of Sorcery, Winged Horror (accompanies a unit of Horrors)
--Herald of Tzeentch w/ Disc, Power Vortex, BSB w/ Great Icon of Despair (accompanies a unit of Horrors)

The first thing that jumps out at me is four heralds, which isn't bad in itself since the Masque is so cost effective, my point is that you've two units of Daemonettes, with only one Locus to bring into effect, one of those Daemonette units is going to be in trouble at some point. I'd also save some points by dropping the magic level on the Herald, switching out Many-Armed for either Torment Blade and the possibly Spellbreaker, or switch to the Etherblade as ==Me== suggested. I'd keep one Herald of Tzeentch in a unit of Horrors, purely for the increased ward, and have the other with Winged Horror to accompany the Masque on her Leadership/stalling quest.

--14 Daemonettes w/ Full Command, Siren Standard
--15 Daemonettes w/ Full Command, Banner of Ecstasy
--10 Pink Horrors w/ Banner of Change
--10 Pink Horrors w/ Icon of Sorcery

I'd drop the Icons on the Daemonettes, and increase both to 15; switch the Banner of Change for another Icon of Sorcery, and you've already gotten a heap of points to play with for very little loss in performance.

--4 Screamers of Tzeentch

In this list I don't see how 4 screamers will accomplish anything, so with your spare points perhaps increase them to 5/6, or take some flanking units of Seekers, 2 units of 5 will accomplish more as flankers/stallers and provide arrow shields for your BSB as they go up a flank.

--4 Fiends of Slaanesh

Agreed with ==Me==, a unit of 3 gives you 50 or so points, (can't remember off the top of my head) in addition to everything else skimmed, with again, no loss of performance.

--6 Flamers of Tzeentch

I always feel a unit of 5, one of which is a Pyrocaster, is not only more friendly, but performs better, for cheaper. The Pyrocaster also limits the damage output of lone flying/cavalry characters making suicide runs into your flamers in a bid to reduce their missile output - Vampires with Great Weapons and Winged are a prime example - if you can stall them and fend them off by only loosing one model, then all the better.

The points saved are yours to spend, with the loss of the magic level perhaps another small unit of Horrors? Or increase your current units/or one of, to a Level 2 wizard, providing you with everything you had originally, and more besides!

Hope this helps, and good luck!

dal9ll
21-01-2009, 00:14
All great advice, thanks guys. The only reason I included the Screamers was because I had exactly 120 points to spare and I wanted to TRY and keep things strictly Slaanesh/Tzeentch. I can definitely remove them though. I'll switch the Disc to Winged Horror and remove a Fiend too.

As for the Daemonettes, the reason I have 14 in the one unit is because the Slaaneshi Herald (who is modelled on a 40mmx40mm Ogre-size base) accompanies them. This way that unit actually IS ranked 6X3. As for the other Daemonettes unit, theres 15 because thats all the other Daemonettes I own, and the loss of ASF is not that big a deal for I5. I wont steer them near any I6's unless I absolutely have to.

Im reluctant to remove Wizards from the army just because so much centers around me getting those Leadership-wrecking spells off (especially Doom and Darkness). The Heralds basically run this army.