PDA

View Full Version : Juggernaut of Khorne and Fiend of Slaanesh

lcfr
20-01-2009, 21:30
This is a hobby-related question, but I suspect I'll get the greatest number of replies here and perhaps some helpful comments and general reactions as well.

Firstly, I'm curious as to the size of the juggernauts of Khorne, and whether or not the new WoC lord on juggernaut is the biggest juggernaut model. I thought it would be neat to have an ogre riding it. That being said, are the juggernauts comparable in size to the rhinox model?

Secondly, in lieu of putting my exalted champion on a boobworm, I thought it would be a cool idea to remove the upper torso and replace it with the upper torso of a WoC model. Could those who have seen or own any of the Fiends of Slaanesh models comment on the proportionality of them compared to a warrior of chaos plastic or metal character model? That being said, could the Fiend of Slaanesh minus upper body mesh well w/an ogre; this could make a nice alternative to the current dragon ogre range.

One last question, for WoC players and/or those in the know. The WoC army book excludes steeds of slaanesh from having to have ogre bases (can't recall the dimensions), so I imagine a cavalry base is the legal base? That being said, would there be an issue in using an ogre base for a special mount option like the steed of slaanesh?

loveless
20-01-2009, 21:36
One last question, for WoC players and/or those in the know. The WoC army book excludes steeds of slaanesh from having to have ogre bases (can't recall the dimensions), so I imagine a cavalry base is the legal base? That being said, would there be an issue in using an ogre base for a special mount option like the steed of slaanesh?

I can respond to this one - the others, less so.

Typically speaking, you are supposed to keep models on the appropriately sized base. A Steed of Slaanesh is on a cavalry base, not a monster base, and base sizes are supposedly worked into the costing, since it dictates how many models you can hit and whatnot. Note, however, that the "Boobworm" is not a Steed of Slaanesh, but a generic Daemonic Mount in this iteration of the Warriors.

The Steed of Slaanesh is the same mount ridden by Pleasureseekers in the Daemons of Chaos army - the bipedal, bird-looking things. A box of Seekers should be coming out later this year, which will provide a supply of the Steeds.

In other words - if you're thinking of the Boobworm, it should go probably go on the larger base it comes with - it's a Daemonic Mount. If you're thinking of the Steed of Slaanesh, it should go on a Cavalry base.

lcfr
20-01-2009, 21:49
Well if my 'centaur'-esque exalted champ doesn't pan out then the boobworm is what I had in mind, and placed on a cavalry base (and balanced very, very delicately) if need be.

Thanks for your help though, that's one down:)