PDA

View Full Version : Rhino's

XMcCourtX
20-01-2009, 22:34
Just looking for a general opinion.
I have a whole entire battle company of space marines, including their nine rhinos
I'm thinking about giving the command rhino/Razorback extra armour.
I am also thinking about giving the eight other rhinos extra armour as well.
What I'm asking here is what do you guys think of the rhinos extra armour kit from forged world?

I still can't make my mind up, if the rhino looks better with the extra armour or without.
Thanks for your time

dblaz3r
20-01-2009, 22:41
I've been thinking about doing the same for a command rhino as I think FW doors and extra armour do make a rhino look far better. I definitely prefer the reinforced over the spaced, out of the two versions.

Inquisitor Engel
20-01-2009, 22:49
Eight Rhino's, one Razorback. ;) Six for the tacticals, two for the Devastators and the Razorback for the command.

The Chaos Extra (reinforced) armour I have for my Chaos marines worked pretty well. I loved it.

chromedog
21-01-2009, 00:00
I don't bother with the FW armour kits (as I'm fully capable of shaping sheet styrene to do the job - I have access to a vacformer).

That said, I don't put extra armour on rhinos or razorbacks. I also have a company and sufficient rhinos/razorbacks for the job (but I've made my "command" Rhinos look different by raising the main hull Repressor-style and adding the secondary pintle storm bolter. It also bears the colours of the command squad, and not the regular tacticals.

21-01-2009, 01:44
second cote of varnish= extra armor

Gensuke626
21-01-2009, 02:28
If you already have the battle company (Ie you've got the cash to blow) and you don't have access to the vacformer, go for the FW doors. They'll make your army stand out.

==Me==
21-01-2009, 03:13
Or just save the points and money by not bothering with extra armor. It's 15 points for something that will only happen 1/6 times, and considering the increased toughness of vehicles nowadays it's hardly worthwhile.

Reaver83
21-01-2009, 04:42
For my chaos I find it very worthwhile, but don't feel like you have to buy the reinforced armour from FW most people I know are happy to believe the varnish is the coat, or it's on the inside

Arcadian
21-01-2009, 04:59
I used one of the Short Wall Pieces from the CoD sets on one rhino's front to represent Reinforced Armor, then took the Falcon Buttresses, cut the top parts off, and placed them on either side of the front tread.. (Course, these are for Dark Angels, so the bird thing fits..) I think they look okay. Sutff like that is easy if you dont want to use the FW stuff. If you do.. then by all means go right ahead, If they look cool to you, then thats what counts.

TheOverlord
21-01-2009, 05:07
I bought one for my chaos rhinos, I absolutely love them. About the only thing I regret is that for every rhino with extra armor I'm going to have to buy more just to make them fit together ><

Too bad the bitz order went out with the dinosaurs, you could've ordered the extra parts for the vindicator for extra armor, they look pretty spot on.

XMcCourtX
22-02-2009, 19:55
second cote of varnish= extra armor

i loled

I used one of the Short Wall Pieces from the CoD sets on one rhino's front to represent Reinforced Armor, then took the Falcon Buttresses.

my friend did something similar, and it looked pretty good.

Thanks for all the input guys.
It wasn't really about tactical value but for aesthetic reasons.
I'v gone for reinforced armour and red scorpions new rhino doors for the command rhino/Razorback