PDA

View Full Version : General Victory Point Question

ElvenGravy
21-01-2009, 15:56
At the end of the game, my general ends up off the table because he charged a unit that fled and the resulting move was off the battlefield. my question is, does my opponent get victory points for him? I say no, because my opponent has neither killed or run him off the table. the rulebook mentions nothing (that i know of)involuntary movement that takes the general of the table.

theunwantedbeing
21-01-2009, 16:08
Page 102.

Worth reading the entire page.

ElvenGravy
21-01-2009, 16:34
maybe i should have been more clear in my question. the enemy only gets VP's if the general is slain, fleeing, or fled off the table. since he is none of those, i think the enemy should not get VP's for him because he pursued off the table. is there something im missing?

nosferatu1001
21-01-2009, 16:42
RAi - I would say no, as your general is not dead or fleeing at the time the game ends.

HOwever without a rulebook I cannot say what p102 actually states - if it states "the opponent gets full VPs for any units not on the table" then yes, you would give away VPs for your general pursuing off the table. You would also give VPs for untis that hadnt arrived through reserves (if your game finished turn 4 due to completing objectives then some reserves may not have turned up) e.g. Wulfrik not turning up and therefore being "off the table"

If someone can confirm p102 - it depends on how it defines dead, fleeing etc.

Avian
21-01-2009, 16:48
He's neither destroyed, fleeing or has fled off the table, so no VPs are given out*.

* unless he's at half wounds, in which case it is half VPs as normal.

Condottiere
21-01-2009, 17:18
It's not his fault that he pursued off the table; if you lost VP on that ground, you'd find a lot players trying to force your expensive units to chase them off the table on the last turn.

ElvenGravy
21-01-2009, 17:27
thanks Avian,
yours and other's input has turned a draw to a solid victory for me. a 410 victory point swing will do that.:)