PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Thunderhawk

Groo The Wanderer
21-01-2009, 19:45
Hi Folks

I've been given info about the new plastic thunderhawk from some spanish website. It puts it at 85 and coming along with other Apocalypse releases soon. Can anyone confirm this or know more???

Cheers

BigRob
21-01-2009, 19:51
Where is the link to this spanish website? People will not be believers until they see the proof!

loveless
21-01-2009, 19:51
Er...post the link.

ard boy stu
21-01-2009, 19:56
There has been rumours of a thunderhawk gun ship for a while now so it could well be true

Harry
21-01-2009, 19:58
Define "soon".

boogle
21-01-2009, 20:05
Definately not as 'soon' as the orignal poster states - 2010 at the very earliest and 85 would be underpriced

MistaGav
21-01-2009, 20:15
Pic or I don't believe you...simple as!

Cygnusmaximus
21-01-2009, 20:27
While I seriously doubt what the original poster said, Harry's question gives me (and my Hawk Lords) a faint glimmer of hope that it just might actually happen in the not-so-near future.

BigBadBull
21-01-2009, 20:57
While I seriously doubt what the original poster said, Harry's question gives me (and my Hawk Lords) a faint glimmer of hope that it just might actually happen in the not-so-near future.

Define "soon".

That is kinda the same thing I have heard...

I think it will draw out kinda like the Original Baneblade rumors. :eyebrows:

Vassakov
21-01-2009, 21:13
It's certainly possible, but I think it'll be awhile yet.

On the other hand, if it's in early stage testing and the Valk/Stompa kits go well it can surely only be a matter of time.

Orinoco
21-01-2009, 21:30
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/0/b/b/0bbd320ae7895b9f5deae5609352e7de.jpg

Fenriz
21-01-2009, 21:34
It wont be coming out with the apocalypse releases. That much is certain.

Deepthroat
21-01-2009, 21:42
Define "soon".

When hell freezes over!

You won't be seeing a Thunderhawk in plastic anytime soon!

Harry
21-01-2009, 21:55
My point exactly. :D

40kdhs
21-01-2009, 21:57
Hopefully, my GKs can get their hand on one of these ships. I can't wait to buy 2. :)

Industrial Propaganda
21-01-2009, 22:01
Hi Folks

I've been given info about the new plastic thunderhawk from some spanish website. It puts it at 85 and coming along with other Apocalypse releases soon. Can anyone confirm this or know more???

Cheers

Soon in 3 years ?

t-tauri
21-01-2009, 22:20
Unless we see a link fairly soon this one is heading for closure.

kaimarion
21-01-2009, 22:24
There have been rumours of a thunderhawk release since before the release of Apoc so I do think it is going to be released but just not any time too soon.

cailus
21-01-2009, 23:27
Let's hope when they do release one, they update it as it is one of the ugliest and daftest looking things around - it looks like it's been conceived by a 6 year old with no artistic skills and a fetish for guns.

Inquisitor Engel
21-01-2009, 23:34
I was told that buying the Forge World one at this point would be a good investment and that holding my breath for plastic would result in severely emptied lungs.

Pulsar
21-01-2009, 23:47
GW arn't going to be doing a plastic Thunderhawk there is no demand for it

loveless
22-01-2009, 00:07
GW arn't going to be doing a plastic Thunderhawk there is no demand for it

Well, that's not true at all. There's demand, the question is if they can make it the right price to
1) Sell enough
2) Make a profit

Even the non-Marine players I know say they'd get a Thunderhawk if it was plastic - so don't go saying there's no demand.

cortejri
22-01-2009, 00:26
Id have to second that... there is absolutely a demand, i myself would buy a bloody flight of the things... and so would many many others

I would not be terribly surprised if the rumored Valkyrie release is a "feeler" for something like the thunderhawk, much as the baneblade was indubitably the reason we are getting the stompa and the BB variants.

Vaktathi
22-01-2009, 00:33
I'd buy one if they came out with it, chaos the hell out of it and make it an Iron Warriors landing craft with some different rules...hells yea.

Hatemonger
22-01-2009, 01:51
Define "soon".
I'd really much rather if you defined the "soon" in this one, Harry. :D

- H8

Gensuke626
22-01-2009, 01:54
Smart Troll Is Smart.

Well...that's what I feel like is happening here.

I say close this thread...

Belisarius
22-01-2009, 02:02
Is this the Apocolypse "Black Box" listed in the 90 day release for the begining of next month?

Loki73
22-01-2009, 02:12
NOOO I just bought one from FW. Oh well I can have 2 more lol j/k

druchii lord narakh
22-01-2009, 02:19
HERE to end it all. My GW manager and my reginal manager told me in person that as of now( january of 09) there is no Plastick thunderhawk under construction. they say that maybe after the designers get done with the Dark Eldar, Spacewolves, and Imperial guard they might start desiegning it. so far all attempts at getting it in a reasonable size box for price has been bad. and they got plenty of projects there working on.

Vote Kantor
22-01-2009, 02:29
no, i think if they weregoing to make a plastic thunderhawk, there would be a lot LOT more rumours, its an important topic, and people want to know, whoever can bring out proof first will get a whole lot of publicity,

without proof however this thread is practically useless, i suggest closing it

spaint2k
22-01-2009, 02:37
HERE to end it all. My GW manager and my reginal manager told me in person that as of now( january of 09) there is no Plastick thunderhawk under construction. they say that maybe after the designers get done with the Dark Eldar, Spacewolves, and Imperial guard they might start desiegning it. so far all attempts at getting it in a reasonable size box for price has been bad. and they got plenty of projects there working on.

Oh, well that settles it then.

Steve

scarletsquig
22-01-2009, 04:36
I just spent a good 5-10 minutes scouring google for this spanish website that the OP referred to... nothing. /:

40kdhs
22-01-2009, 04:59
Are you sure that it's not a FW model?

MINI0N
22-01-2009, 05:04
Is this the Apocolypse "Black Box" listed in the 90 day release for the begining of next month?

thats actually a display stand.my FNGS owner called his distributer about it.

The Dude
22-01-2009, 05:15
thats actually a display stand.my FNGS owner called his distributer about it.

AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!! :D

So much speculation over a freaking POS Display :p

Oh that's precious!

Vassakov
22-01-2009, 06:55
Ok, I can assure you all that it ain't coming with the Stompa. I've got the paperwork for the latest Apoc stuff for Indie stores, and it is not on there.

As I said, the Valk for the IG may well be a test flight (pun intended) but I'd be really suprised if GW weren't trying to figure out how to do it.

MajorWesJanson
22-01-2009, 07:05
If the Stompa is indeed a bigger box than the baneblade, it may be a test for a future thunderhawk package.

cttran77
22-01-2009, 07:34
Definately not as 'soon' as the orignal poster states - 2010 at the very earliest and 85 would be underpriced

An unpainted, unassembled plastic toy for 85 (about $118 right now) is underpriced? Have we lost perspective?

Cherubael
22-01-2009, 07:38
Considering Woolies was selling Millenium Falcon toys for 120 quid apparently not. Then again we went bust so probably not the best business plan to follow.

jimbo1701
22-01-2009, 07:40
Before this thread gets locked, I just thought I'd mention about the speculation as to the sprue sizes were GW ever to make a TH. Assuming from the pics that the front section is approx the same size as a land raider, the lascannon wings are about the same size as a drop pod upright fin (the main wings being just over double that size each) and the rest of the hull being equivalent to say, another 2 land raiders. That's a hell of a lot of plastic if essentially you're talking 3 land raiders and a drop pods worth minimum.

But, having said that, look at the box sizes for those models (and taking into accout the fact a TH wouldn't have the smaller accesory sprues or tracks) compared to say the baneblade box. The stompa has been said to be in a box twice the size of the baneblade with some very large sheets of plastic for only 60. (not to mention all the extra bits that come on the sprues) I'm betting that a box double the size of the baneblade would hold enough plastic for 3 land raiders plus a drop pod were you to remove the bits sprues. Plus with the TH being mostly flat panels you could squeeze more in and mark the price up by say 25-50%.

Based on that bit of random speculation coupled with the fantastic value of the stompa (a kit I personally thought we'd NEVER see) I think that a TH in the 75-90 range is feasible at some point in the future. No demand - the dozens of threads like this one on this site alone suggests otherwise GW.

Luna de hierro
22-01-2009, 07:52
Forget about a "plastic thunderhawk in a spanish forum", its probably a joke for Spain's fools day (28 december).

Brimstone
22-01-2009, 08:30
I've been given info about the new plastic thunderhawk from some spanish website.

As mentioned probably a hoax.

I'd be reluctant to say we will never see a plastic Thunderhawk but not anytime soon.

With that I think this thread contains no real rumours so I'm going to move it to 40K General.

inquisitor solarris
22-01-2009, 14:20
Won't happen-much too big to be placed in a Baneblade box.
In any respect a Eldar Scorpion and even A Necron Plyon would just fit nicely and if anything would be a possibility-In fact I'm amazed no-one has thought about jumping around like a ***** making the idea into a rumour.

Mannimarco
22-01-2009, 14:28
the plastic thunderhawk srumour has existed for year sand years........its up there with the return of the squats and the platic baneblade............although one of these has happened so who knows but its not for the forseeable future

if you want a thunderhawk go to forgeworld, its your safest bet

Groo The Wanderer
22-01-2009, 16:07
Okay folks, I am attempting to get the link to the site, my source hasn't emailed it to me. I'll post it as soon as I myself get it :) I for one would love this to be true and think that it would make good finacial sense for GW it the current economic climate to be producing models loads of folks would rush out and buy...

Cheers

sheck2
22-01-2009, 20:49
Let's be honest here...a plastic thunderhawk was designed, molded, packaged, and shipped...and all of them, including the dies that stamped 'em, sunk on the same boat that lost most of the new Realm of battle gameboards (which is why the price spiked)...thank god they air shipped a few of the boards as demo's or we would not have any at all.

It will be at least few more years to replace those high cost dies especially with the ecomomy in the shape it is. And no, the ywere not insured for loss at sea...and oversight on GW's part.

druchii lord narakh
22-01-2009, 21:13
Oh, well that settles it then.

Steve

How do you know me???? do you got to GW redtop??

and i agree. if there was going to be one there would be more rumors.(GW loves to tempt and tease her loyal custamers.(like slannesh)