Standard Bearer
Bellower

Special

2 Leadbelchers

2 Leadbelchers

2 Leadbelchers

2 Leadbelchers

Total: 1924

Ok, I need ideas on what to do with the left over points. I'm thinking of getting the Bangstick and a couple of Dispel Scrolls, but I'm also tempted to get a unit of Trappers, as they can make for rather useful march blockers/warmachine hunters. As for the rest of the list, the idea is to use all the MSU Ogre Units to hoof it up the board and get into HTH as soon as possible, using the Butchers to augment my troops as much as possible and give them a fair chance.

Thoughts?

lordkull
22-01-2009, 11:17
yes on both ,the trappers are very valuable for march blocking and war machine hunting or even sucide to save a more valuable unit and amagic heavy army can destroy you quick with little to no saves on them.
What will you warmachine hunt with ?
a couple eagles march blocking and some repeater bolt trowers will shred this army or at least the important stuff.
The leadbelchers are prone to panic
I really like the m.s.u them
some great magic items are :skull mantle ,standeriser,seigbreaker bangstik and scrolls are a must
Why no tyrant he is a monster in close combat and the ld 9 is huge 1 less unit of something is all it would cost if ya didnt tool him too much =_)

vodrake
22-01-2009, 20:24
i wouldnt take so many bull units tbh becuase they dont do enough damage and with so many of them, its likely they will get in each others way and if 1 panics it can be a huge problem. i would certainly take a tyrant with tenderiser also its not a bad idea to stick the siege breaker on a butcher, puts him up to str 7 so he can insta kill chariots, also it absolutely nails steam tanks becuase it does D6 wounds on them becuase they have no initiative. Wouldnt take more than 2 units of lead belchers as they are prone to misfire and kill/panic themselves. gorgers are an excellent choice for war machine or missile hunting. Also lookout gnoblars are pretty essential in an ogre army becuase if you dont have them any enemy cannons are gonna have a field day. Stick the warbanner somewhere as well, its always worth it in any army.

John Wayne II
23-01-2009, 13:49
Ok, I've totally changed my mind and redesigned the army from the ground up after I had a brillaint idea yesterday. This is the altered list:

Lords and Heroes

Bruiser
Heavy Armor
Great Weapon

Butcher
2 Dispel Scrolls

Core

4 Bulls
Standard Bearer and Bellower
Lookout Gnoblar

4 Ironguts
Lookout Gnoblar

4 Ironguts
Lookout Gnoblar

10 Trappers

Special

3 Yhetees
Greyback

3 Yhetees
Greyback

Rare

3 Maneaters
Heavy armor and great weapons

3 Maneaters
Heavy armor and great weapons

Total: 1997 points

You were right vodrake, having lots of bull and leadbelcher units doesn't make for a very hardhitting force, so as you see I've tried to make it a lot more scary. Thoughts?

vodrake
23-01-2009, 14:29
your right about it being alot scarier anyway. I would always recommend 3 butchers tbh even though they do eat into points they rather good. also wouldnt put command on bulls, either take 3 bulls and use them as bate or if you have 10 points give them a musician. I'll post the 2 lists i use with my ogres:

tyrant, tenderiser, gut maw, wyrdstone necklace - 300
butcher, bang stick, scroll - 180
butcher, 2 scrolls - 180
butcher, skull mantle and either seige breaker or jade lion - 180

bulls x3 - 105
iron guts x3, standard, lookout - 169
iron guts x3, standard, lookout, warbanner - 194

trappers x9 - 54
gnoblars x20 - 40

lead belchers x2 - 110
gorger - 75
gorger - 75

The other list is with skrag, 2 butchers, 1 bruiser with tenderiser and as many iron guts i can fit in with 3 gorgers. Reason why they are in units of 3 is that if your reduced to a single ogre you can still rally thus saving you victory points.