PDA

View Full Version : 1.999 points lizardmen army (new edition)

Chiungalla
22-01-2009, 11:41
So, after all those rumours and confirmations I can't stand it any longer, and want to play my first lizardmen game ever.

So I take the rumours from this page to make a 1.999 point list.
If you found any mistakes it would be nice, if you correct me.

The points are guesses, so if there are some points too much or to few in the list, please correct me.

Saurus Hero, Sword of Might, Enchanted Shield, light armor, cold one
Skink-Hero, BSB, impact hit lance, ancient stegadon
Skink-Priest, Level 1, Diadem, scroll

12 skink-skirmishers
12 skink-skirmishers
16 saurus-warriors, full command, spears

6 cold one rider, full command, huanchis blessed totem
4 kroxigors
4 terradons

3 razordons, 3 additional skinks

Nightsword
22-01-2009, 12:37
Not sure on the cost of the enchanted shield or sword of might, but even if the scar veteran took on it's full 50 point magic allowance (for example, burning blade of chotec and the shield of the mirrored pool), then this list comes to 1990 (assuming the saurus have spears, and the priest is level 2).

Chiungalla
22-01-2009, 12:49
Wow, great.
So I can choose better magic equipment and still add 1 terradon and 2 skink skirmishers.

My saurus have spears, the skink-priest should be level 1.

EndlessBug
22-01-2009, 14:34
I suggest you buff the scar vet to full magic items, the heavy armour is fantastic!

Also consider dropping the skinks to units of 10 skirmishers, drop the 3 additional handlers on the razordons and get another unit of 10 skinks (rank 'n' file ones) for re-directing and another terradon. This is without the lvl 2 upgrade on the priest.

alternatively just drop the 3 handlers and get 2 more terradons for 2 units of 3.

Should be within 2 points of 2k then I think

Chiungalla
22-01-2009, 17:52
I suggest you buff the scar vet to full magic items, the heavy armour is fantastic!

And models on foot only as far as the rumours go.

alternatively just drop the 3 handlers and get 2 more terradons for 2 units of 3.

Only three special slots under 2.000 points, and that is a 1.999 points list.
So adding another special unit is a no go.

Emissary
22-01-2009, 19:13
I think I would go with an eotg over the mounted skink chief but otherwise it looks like a solid list.

Chiungalla
22-01-2009, 19:45
In my book it's a bit to risky to let two level two wizards randomize there two spells per wizard from the lore of heaven, and hope for a good magic phase.

Some spells may be usefull from time to time, but unless you are very lucky with your spells, you will not get a decent magic phase.

GodlessM
22-01-2009, 23:06
And models on foot only as far as the rumours go.

That's one set of it. There are others.

nagash42
23-01-2009, 08:45
for full magic items on the scar vet. take the skin of the cold one for +1 toughness

Emissary
23-01-2009, 10:47
The Hide of the Cold Ones can only be used by a model on foot. 100% sure about that since I've seen the book.

In my book it's a bit to risky to let two level two wizards randomize there two spells per wizard from the lore of heaven, and hope for a good magic phase.

Some spells may be usefull from time to time, but unless you are very lucky with your spells, you will not get a decent magic phase.

It can be, but the other effects of the eotg are pretty nice too. The ward can really help against gunlines and so on. For an extra few points I think they're really nice to have.

Chiungalla
23-01-2009, 12:22
But I will not only loose those few extra points.
I will also loose my BSB, the extra impact hits from the lance, attacks on the charge...

My saurus hero will go with the Sword of Might, Enchanted Shield and Bane Head.
And I will make the skink priest level 2, and add a skink to one of the units.

Saurus Hero, Sword of Might, Enchanted Shield, Bane Head light armor, cold one
Skink-Hero, BSB, impact hit lance, ancient stegadon
Skink-Priest, Level 2, Diadem, scroll

13 skink-skirmishers
12 skink-skirmishers

4 kroxigors
4 terradons

JRD4
23-01-2009, 16:22
I have you at 1937pts fyi. I'm not too sure the razordons are going to be very effective because of their 12" range they will usually have to move and shoot which means hitting on 5s.

Chiungalla
23-01-2009, 16:28
Do they get the penalty for hitting if moved?
I don't thought so after all rumours said, they didn't.

Andrew Luke
23-01-2009, 16:31
No penalty for moving, range, multiple shots, etc. Only thing is you can't march and shoot. They are pretty damn good.

Emissary
23-01-2009, 16:37
They still suffer negatives for shooting at skirmishers or stuff behind obsticles/in terrain iirc. I'm really not sure what the reasoning behind them not being able to march and shoot is. Yes, it's clearly spelled out in their rules, but compared to a lot of other stuff that can do it, it doesn't make much sense to me.

Chiungalla
23-01-2009, 16:42
Which units can march and shoot?
Breath weapons can, but not so many other units.

Emissary
23-01-2009, 17:03
Maybe I missed it in the rules, but I thought all skirmishers could march and shoot. Maybe it's something that changed this edition and I didn't catch on (I've played 40k most by a wide margin the last 3 years).

Gaius Marius
23-01-2009, 17:20
Fast Cavalry can March and shoot. Could be the source of the confusion.

Chiungalla
23-01-2009, 17:22
Skirmishers can not march and shoot, and I am very sure this was true in the 6th edition as well (but very well hidden within the rules back then if I remember correctly).

Banshees can march and shoot I think, I can't think of any other units except breath weapons.

After all 12 inches are okay, since you can move 6 inches before the shoot, without penalties.
So it's close to 18 inches in most situations.

After all the package of rules the razordons get is very tough.
Compared to the sixth edition salamanders:
- 10 points more
- 3 inches less range
- half as many hits on normal shooting
- one more strengh
- awesome Stand and shoot
- skinks no more in the front in close combat
- one more leadership

Since the leadership and the missing stand and shoot were the few soft spots on the awesome salamanders in the last edition, I think they are at least as good as the old salamanders.

JRD4
23-01-2009, 18:01
You're right. I just looked it up in the book and they don't get a penalty for moving and shooting. Which would make them a pretty good choice even if they are only 12" range because you could basically dare people to charge you and take the 2 art dice per.

You still do have another 63pts to spend though. I'd also suggest lowering the skink to a lvl 2 since you're just planning on transfering 2 dice to your dispel pool that'll save you another 35pts.

If you wanted you could drop both your skink units to 11 and add a scarvet with the always strike first weapon, LA, and shield and put him in the spear unit.

Chiungalla
23-01-2009, 18:19
Can a skink priest level 1 store 2 dispel dice with the diadem?
I heard the rumour that he only can store his own powerdice to get additionell dispel dice...

I can't add an additional hero, because I allready got 3 choices used.

I will test this army against high elves tomorrow, but I am not to sad if it turns out in the end, that I played to few points.

But any further advice, especially for the point costs, is welcome.

I think I would use the additional points for additional skink skirmishers and terradons for tomorrow. And fine tune the army list when I have the army book myself.

With some slight changes, and the additional points spend:
Saurus Hero, Pyranha Blade, Enchanted Shield, light armor, cold one

Skink-Hero, BSB, impact hit lance, riding an ancient stegadon

13 skink-skirmishers
13 skink-skirmishers

4 kroxigors
5 terradons

How many points will this be?

JRD4
23-01-2009, 19:11
2014 total. You can only use "your own" power dice for the diadem. You could take out the extra skinks for the razordons. Unless you're going against a lot of shooting 15 skinks should be enough.

Chiungalla
23-01-2009, 19:45
Do the razordons have 5 skinks each???

JRD4
23-01-2009, 20:36
LOL no. I'm apparently having an off day. 3 each would give you 9 skinks. I've been playing lizards for awhile and can't remember getting them all killed ever. Now with the new rules that sallies/razordons form the 1st rank in hth I see this being even less of a problem JMO. You may play vs more shooty armies that aim for your sallies. If you dont want to take that skinks out you could swap the Pyranha Blade for the sword of might or sword of battle and make points or take off the shield giving him a 2+ save instead of 0+. Could also take out 2 skink skirmishers to give you 2000 even. Just some thoughts.

Emissary
23-01-2009, 23:02
I've been playing lizards for awhile and can't remember getting them all killed ever
Well, there's always the whole "roll a misfire and lose D3 skinks" thing, but you'll have to do it a lot to burn through 9 skinks.

Another thing, if a razordon stands and shoots and rolls a misfire on either dice, the razordon doesn't fire at all. Makes standing and fire a little riskier (though I'd still do it 100% of the time even if they didn't have to do it.)

JRD4
23-01-2009, 23:21
That's a very good point. Razordons will be rolling more art dice and therefore are more likely to kill skinks. I would just make each skink skirmish unit 12 man.

Chiungalla
24-01-2009, 03:55
Saurus Hero, Pyranha Blade, Enchanted Shield, light armor, cold one

Skink-Hero, BSB, impact hit lance, riding an ancient stegadon

14 skink-skirmishers
13 skink-skirmishers

4 kroxigors
4 terradons

If I'am correct with my corrections this will be 1998 points?

JRD4
24-01-2009, 05:06
I have that list at 1991pts. 1998 if you have two units of 14 skinks.

Chiungalla
24-01-2009, 05:15
Can a skink hero get a blow pipe or javelins?
If yes, that will be my way of spending that points.