PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Army Books Now seperate?

E101beta
23-01-2009, 01:29
I just read something in another thread that hinted at this....

So, Hordes can no longer take units and items from Daemons and Beasts? Is this true? If so, my friend who plays Chaos and I need to have a little chat.

He assured me it was still allowed...:wtf:

W0lf
23-01-2009, 01:30
OFC they are.

Warrior of chaos
Daemons of chaos
Beasts of chaos

are all 3 completly seperate armies now.

pox
23-01-2009, 01:31
each army is now self contained, only one book at a time! thats why they have trolls and ogres in the warrior book, for instance.

dont tell him, just bring a empire/dwarf/high elf army next time you play against him.

Nightsword
23-01-2009, 01:31
It is no longer allowed. Warriors of Chaos (the new armybook for "mortal" chaos), daemons of chaos and beasts of chaos are now all separately contained armylists that no longer allow one taking units or magic items from the other. That means beasts can't take mortal magic items, even from hordes.

Harwammer
23-01-2009, 01:35
Hordes of chaos is no longer an army.

Now it is Beasts, Daemons, and Warriors, each as a separate book (like wood vs high elves!), these are not cross compatiable.

You could of course opt to allow your friend to play the old HoC/BoC era books together, while not the current 'official' book, they are still functionally compatiable with this edition of warhammer.

E101beta
23-01-2009, 02:44
each army is now self contained, only one book at a time! thats why they have trolls and ogres in the warrior book, for instance.

dont tell him, just bring a empire/dwarf/high elf army next time you play against him.

Heheh,

I'll take my Tomb Kings AND Lizardmen. I'll resurrect my Saurus warriors, now thats an awesome concept, Zombie Saurus!

BTW, thanks for the answers everyone.