PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Point Dwarves

Arguleon-veq
23-01-2009, 10:32
I have the majority of a Dwarf army that I have still yet to use, I am trying to finalise my list. I was thinking something like this;

Lord; Bearers, 1+ Re Rollable, Rune of Challenge, Great Wep, Magic Res 1.
Runesmith; Magic Res 1, Shield, Rune of Stone, Rune of Balance.
Slayer;
Thane; BSB, Rune of Might, Rune of Fury, Rune of Gromril[1+].

10 Handguns; Shields
10 Handguns; Shields
23 Warriors; FC, Shields.

16 Hammers; FC, Shields, Rune of Battle.
Bolt Thrower; Engineer, Burning.
Bolt Thrower; Engineer, +1 Strength.
Bolt Thrower; Engineer, +1 Strength, Burning.

Organ Gun;
Gyrocopter;

This leaves me 87 Points. I could get;

7 Miners and Musicians on the Handgunners. Or another Bolt Thrower.

The Miners would be a nice failsafe for March Blocking, coming on from a flank if the Gyrocopter is killed and they can take down enemy warmachines wich will be hard to deal with as I dont have Cannons. Plus I have the models, an extra Bolt Thrower is very tempting too though. What do you think?

Any suggestions on the rest of the list. I have tried to make my BSB a decent fighter to give those Warriors some punch. They will get at least 6 S4 and 4 S3 attacks which isn't too bad. I get 6 dispel and -1 enemy power. Then I have magic res on my two main units.

sodapopinski
23-01-2009, 12:32
Hi

I think the list looks pretty solid, heres some comments from an old longbeard

What is the slayer for? he can be a tarpit for weak units (st3), but in a defensive army hes gonna be an easy kill and not contribute that much IMO, id drop him to get some more points for both the miners and the bolt thrower

If you are knee bent in having a slayer then IMO the miners are a better adition to the army than another bolt thrower, they provide much needed help in areas critical to this army´s succes such as march blocking and warmachine hunting, which a lone copter will struggle to fulfill being an important target to the enemy.

Also, id much prefer to drop the rune of balance on the runesmith and get two runes of spellbreaking, there are spells you really need to stop at certain times, it might win you the battle

Consider giving the runesmith a greatweapon too if you find the points, if he is in the corner of the unit he wont get many attacks anyway and str6 is really useful against heavy armor

Well thats it, hope my ramblings help ya

Aeolthir
23-01-2009, 15:33
I agree on the point sodapopinsky brings on the slayer.
To replace him, you could also drop an engineer on a bolt thrower to replace him by a master engineer.
CT 5, you also get extra protection from one of your warmachine.