PDA

View Full Version : 2k HE tournament

eleveninches
23-01-2009, 12:04
2000 points of HE im planning to use for a friendly tournament at my local GW store:

LORDS/HEROES:
475: Teclis
170: Noble BSB (light armour, great weapon, loremasters cloak, gem of courage) [goes in with Lions]

CORE:
110: 10 Archers

SPECIAL:
275: 14 Swordmasters (FC, banner of arcane protection, champion has talisman of loec)
315: 14 White Lions (FC, banner of sorcery, champion has skeinsliver)
85: Tiranoc Chariot

RARE:
100: Repeater Bolt Thrower
50: Great Eagle
-----
-----

PD: 6+2D3
Magic Defence: 4+D3 Dispel dice, MR(2) on Swordmasters, 2+ ward from wounds caused by spells on white lions, Scroll of Hoeth, +1 to dispel, Possible drain magic.

Basically, sit the bolt throwers and archers on a hill, and put the swordmasters and white lions in front of them. 30 archers + 3 bolt throwers volley. Then do 2 irresistable spells per turn from tec. Not much magic defence, but get 4+d3 DD plus tec's scroll and at least the combat units are protected well from magic, and I can do an irresistable drain magic against magic heavy armies.

Dragon Prince of Caledor
23-01-2009, 15:09
Its extremely missile heavy for my liking but to each his own. If you scratched the bird and a unit of archers and a bolt thrower you could get a fully ranked unit of phoenix guard (225pts., 255 w command) If you took the skeinslever and talisman out of the list you could afford the lion standard for the white lions and give the phoenix guard the banner of sorcery. Having the three ranked up units of high elf elites would have most people spooked out.

Time of Madness
23-01-2009, 15:17
I think you went a little over kill on the missle troops.

Drop a unit of archers and a bolt thrower. Pick up another eagle (2 eagles are great).

I dislike the loremaster cloak...the lions already have a good save against missle weapons. Take the armour of caledor and guardian phoenix or magic sword. Give the gem of courage to the unit champ.

The lions should have the lion standard.

I'd drop the swordmasters in favour of phoenix guard as they are a better bunker for teclis and the banner of sorcery.
Time of Madness

eleveninches
26-01-2009, 14:57
I would say that the lions are a better bunker, as they are more likely to win combat, dont let the enemy have as many attacks back and are stubborn anyway

Gramolarian
26-01-2009, 18:45
I agree that you need only 2 bolters and 2 unit of archers. 2 eagles might be nice and you might consider of taking Caradryan instead of BSB and then my favorite unit of phoenix guard instead of Swordmasters or White lions. You field Caradryan with unit of SM or WL and they get immunity to fear (cause caradryan causes fear) and they get MR 3 and then teclis goes with PG and so he is protected from fear and gets good bodyguard unit. Phoenix guard champ takes Armor of caledor. and unit takes banner of arcane protection. So both of your units has atleast MR 2. Then the unit with caradryan takes banner of sorcery to boos up the teclises casting power.

then to kill the ethreal units you need one small unit of dragon princes or sword masters with just champion with amulet of light. making the whole units attacks count magical.

this way you have 2 big blocks that are immune to fear and are protected by magic. both have quite brutal force anyways and Teclis is protected by unit champion with +2 armorsave and 4+ ward. (not bad for my oppinion)

if you need to find points just drop bolters to 1 and eagles to 1 and tiranoc chariot off and take that unit of dragon princes. after all you dont really need just one chariot its quite useless all alone. and 1 bolter is enough to hunt down big uns. eagle well .... you donīt need single eagle for real if you ask me. you are so well protected by magic that you donīt really have use for mage hunters.

eleveninches
28-01-2009, 11:34
Theyre not there for mage hunting. They're there for:
1. spamming deployment
2. march blocking
3. drawing fire away from my gunline.

And as for only needing 2 bolt throwers, I was wanting 4 of them but I needed an eagle. 2 of them is not enough for a gunline IMHO

PARTYCHICORITA
28-01-2009, 11:38
ŋ3 units of archers?
Drop one and get your 4th RBT, people ain't gonna like you but chances are they weren't anyway with this kind of list.
With the spare points get a unit of shadow warriors to replace the eagle.

eleveninches
28-01-2009, 12:00
I need the eagle, so i cant have the 4th RBT.

Harwammer
28-01-2009, 12:04
Whats the tactics?

Sit and shoot, while the marchblocked enemy crawls forwards and having the elite infantry cut down any survivors?

eleveninches
28-01-2009, 12:08
Tactics is sit the bolt throwers on top of the hill, 30 archers on the front of the hill, combat units at the bottom of the hill. Eagle is for march blocking. Chariot is just a distraction and for spamming deployment (85 pts for a unit that will distract much more expensive units for the first couple of turns).
Do 2 irresistable force spells with teclis (ususally drain magic and flames of the phoenix, but curse of arrow attraction could come in useful).
Then shoot at units to panic them and reduce their size.
Then anything that gets to me will have to face my elite ASF great weapon units (that are well protected from magic as well)

Harwammer
28-01-2009, 12:20
Have you considered using reavers instead of the chariot and eagle? they aren't as good, but maybe it would allow you to find space for that 4th bolt thrower?

I'd be worried the chariot wouldn't distract much; yes, it adds punch on a charge, but it can't break ranks and it isn't much more mobile than standard infantry. It would be tempting to just tie it up with something cheap.

If anything the chariot would probably be best used as a rearguard for making sure no fliers get through at those bolt throwers?

eleveninches
28-01-2009, 12:28
Thats one use for it, but it is really just there to draw fire and distract the enemy

eleveninches
02-02-2009, 12:43
changed to get some PGs in:

LORDS/HEROES:
475: Teclis
170: Noble BSB (light armour, great weapon, loremasters cloak, gem of courage) [goes in with Lions]

CORE:

SPECIAL:
275: 14 Swordmasters (FC, banner of arcane protection, champion has talisman of loec)
285: 14 White Lions (FC, banner of sorcery, champion has skeinsliver)
225: 15 Phoenix Guard

RARE:
50: Great Eagle
-----

Dragon Prince of Caledor
02-02-2009, 14:34
If you are going to take Teclis you had might as well take two more mages and magic the crap out of everything and have a lot of fun whilst doing so.

WhiteKnight
02-02-2009, 14:39
Isn't that considered being a WAAC player if you run 2 mages with teclis? Thats 10 +d6 power dice and 6+D3 dispel dice. Then teclis will score irresisitble on almost any dice roll so yeah. Douche bag list Numeral Uno.

eleveninches
02-02-2009, 16:15
Well, theres not much point in having more mages with teclis, as he will irresistable his own spells, so the other 2 mages spells will be dispelled easily.

Harwammer
02-02-2009, 17:38
The new list looks better; you haven't sacrificed too much shooting, but now don't look like combat would instantly swamp you.

You'll have to be especially careful of fliers threatening your bolt throwers now you don't have a chariot to watch over them.

Gramolarian
02-02-2009, 22:43
My Favorite composion for "special" character Helves

Teclis 475
Caradryan 175

15 spear elves 155
full command

10 archers 110

14 Phoenix guard 265
full command
banner of arcane protection
[teclis comes here]

14 White Lion 290
full command
banner of sorcery
[caradryan here]

5 dragon prince 240
full command
banner of ellyrion
amulet of light

5 shadow warrior 80

7 swordmaster 105

7 swordmaster 105

2000 sharp

little lack of shooting and notice no bolters
if you like you could chance those two units of SM to 2 bolters and gem of courage and if you can find points to skeinsliver thats ok too but this is my suggestion.

Iīve found that units of 7 swordmasters are kind of units that can be ignored but they shouldnīt be ignored. if they get into combat that is 14 S 5 attacks with high WS but if your opponent bashes em to bits you really donīt lose that much. In the center there is two fear immune units ... other via caradryan other with their own ability. both with macigal resistance

eleveninches
03-02-2009, 12:09
Your list is very light on magic though. In my list, each of the 3 combat units is well protected from magic.

EvC
03-02-2009, 12:23
Do you expect every opponent to be heavy magic?

eleveninches
03-02-2009, 12:27
Most of them. With only T3, I'd rather be well protected than be caught off guard by magic.

Gramolarian
03-02-2009, 12:36
My List has same amount of PD as you do. Main difference is Unit Composion.
and fire range.

eleveninches
03-02-2009, 12:46
I was talking about magic defence, not offence

Dragon Prince of Caledor
03-02-2009, 16:21
you have teclis... if you took one more mage with a pair of scrolls that would give you beast magic defense 3 scrolls, 5+d3 DD not to metion more magic power :)

fubukii
03-02-2009, 18:52
he has a unit with mr3 and a unit with mr2 i dont see a issue on magic d here.

eleveninches
06-02-2009, 11:06
I always forget about caradryan having MR3

Dragon Prince of Caledor
06-02-2009, 12:44
Thats one use for it, but it is really just there to draw fire and distract the enemy

dont you think people are going to try and shoot out the swordmasters and maybe the white lions granted they can pierce the lion cloaks. I wouldnt shoot at a chariot I would cut it down in close combat. You are going to make a lot of enemies with this list.This would be fun to play against with a dragon and some magic resistance... Or an army of chariots:evilgrin::angel: