PDA

View Full Version : KoS - Spirit Swallower

moose
23-01-2009, 13:23
There's been several replies in random threads where people are confused on the rules of the Spirit Swallower item but no real discussion or answers.

The spirit swallower allows a Keeper of Secerst to regain wounds once dealt in close combat. The real question is, are the wounds regnerated immediatley or after combat?

I read it that it is straight away but several opponents claim it is after combat - probably so it will die easier. This can be seen as follows;

Scenario
A KoS on one wound charges a unit of Khorngors.
The KoS kills 4, which would regenerate it back to 5 wounds - or be on 1 still.
The Khorngors then cause 4 wounds, meaning it has 1 wound left, or be on -3 wounds(dead).

As you can see if it's straight away the KoS would survive, and if after - it would die.

Generals of warseer, please help.
Moose.

loveless
23-01-2009, 13:32
I'd say it's right away - I'm not sure of the exact wording of the gift, however.

If it's along the lines of the Daemon regains a wound for every wound dealt in close combat, up to its starting value - then yes, it gets the wounds back right away - a la Soul Stealer or similiar spells.

I honestly don't know why you'd wait til after the combat phase unless it specifically tells you to.

Without knowing more, it just sounds like more people being sore about playing daemons :o

theunwantedbeing
23-01-2009, 13:45
It doesnt say when, so immediately upon causing the wound.

moose
23-01-2009, 14:51
Thanks for the quick responses, as I thought :).

Moose.

Neckutter
23-01-2009, 16:49
when it does a wound, it gains a wound back. it is immediate per the reading of it. there is no "waiting" until after combat or anything in the gift description.