PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point 4-Herald Daemons (taking on all comers)

dal9ll
23-01-2009, 18:32
This army looks good on paper (and set up in all its glory on my desk) but I need to know how it will realistically perform in general. Heres the list:

--Herald of Khorne w/ Firestorm Blade, Armour of Khorne (modelled on Ogre-sized base)
--Herald of Slaanesh w/ Many-Armed Monstrosity, Lvl. 1 Wizard (would Etehrblade be a better choice than M.A.M.?)
--Herald of Tzeentch w/ Power Vortex, Winged Horror (modelled on Ogre-sized base)
--Herald of Nurgle w/ Palanquin, Lvl. 1 Wizard, Noxious Vapours, Slime Trail, BSB

--20 Bloodletters w/ full command (ranked 6X4 with the Herald)
--17 Daemonettes w/ full command (ranked 6x3 with the Herald)
--10 Pink Horrors
--16 Plaguebearers w/ full command, Icon of Eternal Virulence (ranked 5X4 with the Herald)

--3 Fiends of Slaanesh
--6 Flamers of Tzeentch w/ Pyrocaster

Thanks everyone!

LaevusLevusXIII
24-01-2009, 12:11
The army doesn't look too OTT and should be comped better than most daemon lists since you haven't maxed out on magic and special/rare slots.

Would you consider a juggernaut for the Herald of Khorne? Makes him a beast in combat for his points. Why 6x4 for the bloodletters? If you dropped 4 and added a juggernaut you would still be able to get 3 ranks in a 5x4 formation and you would only lose 1 attack.

craskie666
24-01-2009, 14:03
y are two of your hearlds mounted on 40mm bases?

==Me==
24-01-2009, 14:12
A Juggernaut would be extremely beneficial on your Khorne Herald. Extra attacks and 0+ armor are all very useful.

I prefer Etherblade on Slaanesh heralds if you plan to go against armored troops, but if they're going to go after lighter infantry MaM is fine. Have you considered Siren Song and a Torment Blade? 1 less attack, but the effect of Siren Song is extremely useful.

I prefer Master of Sorcery on Tzeentch Heralds, but I suppose you can always use the extra PD. Pray for Boon and you should be ok.

PBs are an excellent anvil, good pick on them. Consider the Banner of Hellfire for your BSB to give you a little extra magical punch.

I think 6x4 is a big large for Bloodletters. If you ran a Jugger you could take 14 and still rank 6x3. Those points could go to some Furies or Screamers to hit the flanks and cause havoc. Flesh Hounds wouldn't hurt either.

As for comp, you will get dinged just for bringing Daemons so there's no helping that, but I think this should do very well in terms of comp as far as Daemons go. The uber Plaguebearer anvil will draw some scorn though.

sroblin
24-01-2009, 17:04
This is a pretty friendly list (and fluffy) list as far as Daemons go; that being a good thing in my eyes. I like the emissaries of the 4 gods approach myself.

I agree with ME that the Bloodletter unit could be trimmed a bit-maybe down to 14 or 17; winning by kill is what they're all about, having large units isn't especially efficient.

You may wish to consider making room for some specials just for extra spice and speed, you currently have only one fast unit in the list. Flesh Hounds are great, the mounted daemonettes are ok (though the fiends of slaanesh fill more or less the same role), screamers and furies are mediocre but they do fly, which is useful.

As for Ether blade versus Many-armed-monstrosity, the Ether blade is better against troops with a 2+ save or better, and is the same effectiveness against enemies with a 3+ save. So in most cases, Many-armed monstrosity is better, (and better against the sort of units you want your daemonettes to be fighting anyway), but if you expect to be fighting lots of cavalry or heavily armored characters, than the Etherblade may have a use.