PDA

View Full Version : Walking with dinosaurs, 2000pts list with the new lizards.

Tyranno1
23-01-2009, 18:59
Since I have heard of the lizardmen being capable of fielding a huge volume of dinosaurs in the new rules I have made it my goal to use such a list. Of course the rumours were overegzagerated at the beginning (8 stegs etc), the list I have is far less than that but its aim is to feild as many stegs as possible, and to get several of them into combat together, to do what one steg cant, piledrive right through a unit in a single turn.

General:

Saurus Oldblood+ shield of the mirrored pool +light armour +spear +Carnosaur 403pts

Heroes:

Skink Priest +engine of the gods +lv2 +Rod of the storm +dispel scroll 440pts

Skink chief +ancient stegadon +stegadon lance 380pts

Core:

Skink CohortsX10 50pts

Skink CohortsX10 50pts

Skink CohortsX10 50pts

Special:

Stegadon 235pts

TerradonsX3 90pts

Rare:

Razardon hunting packX3 225pts

Salamander hunting pack 75pts

The lord on carnesaur is there to keep the stegs in line with cold-blooded LD8, and to rake in massive kills thanks to the carnesaurs extra power. The spear is simple cheap and will make the general S6 on the charge, rather nice for 6pts.

The stegadon sits on the flank of the dino riding characters, aiming to aid them in combat.

The normal skinks act as interceptors for any light cavelry or scouts, trying to detour them as long as possible so the dinosaurs can destroy as much as possible, hopefully the skinks poison will kill a few guys too.

The engine will sit behind the main line either giving its ward save to all nearby (I wonder if it includes itself?), making the lore of heavens eaiser to get off (probably the least likly one I will use), or detonating anything that gets to close (man I want to hit some blood knights with this thing).

Terradons are there for flying to the back and ripping apart warmachine crew, and if they happen to fly over any fast cavelry or scouts they can let-um have it.

The razers and salamander are masive interceptors, anything that wants a flank charge on the stegs has to go through them. The single salamander is going to be positioned so closeto the razerdons it looks like it will be in the same unit. But its not so it cannot be charged at the sametime as the razers, it also can flank anything that charges the razers. And the final thing about it is it provides a compeltly different type of fire, so any troops the razers dont seem capable of killing will get burned by the sallie.

(This is my first army list posted here, so please be nice :p)

alex17
23-01-2009, 20:07
good, list may get out-combated a bit(the skinks), but support them properly with the stagadons and youll be fine.

g0ddy
23-01-2009, 23:00
FYI.. the army book allows you to put 10 stegadons in the "force chart" for 2000 pts... However.. such a list would cost about..2850 pts minimum.

So... in a way the rumours werent an exaggeration...

Ill correct some of your points values for you though...

Skink Priest +Terradon+Lv2 95pts (priests are not able to ride terradons but if they could it would likely cost 130 pts)

Skink Priest +engine of the gods +lv2 +Diadem of power 435pts (this is 415 pts)

Skink chief +ancient stegadon +stegadon lance 330 +??pts (this is 380 pts)

Also... while the old blood will confer Leadership 8 onto any unit within 12", stubborn doesnt quite work that way...

The chief ridden ones will be stubborn ld7 priests and normal ones will be stubborn ld6... all of which (assuming hes in 12") can use the generals unstubborn leadership of 8.

~ zilla

Tyranno1
24-01-2009, 07:30
FYI.. the army book allows you to put 10 stegadons in the "force chart" for 2000 pts... However.. such a list would cost about..2850 pts minimum.

Yes true, true. But my friend who wanted to put Mazdamundi, 2 engines of the gods and even more stegs will not be pleased.

Skink Priest +Terradon+Lv2 95pts (priests are not able to ride terradons but if they could it would likely cost 130 pts)

Ah, blow. That kinda ruins that a bit, is there anythnig preists can ride other than stegs?

Skink Priest +engine of the gods +lv2 +Diadem of power 435pts (this is 415 pts)

Thats good, my guess was 20pts over, thats 20pts I can use elsewhere.

Skink chief +ancient stegadon +stegadon lance 330 +??pts (this is 380 pts)

Ah, so my guess of 50pts ontop of 330 was correct.

Also... while the old blood will confer Leadership 8 onto any unit within 12", stubborn doesnt quite work that way...

The chief ridden ones will be stubborn ld7 priests and normal ones will be stubborn ld6... all of which (assuming hes in 12") can use the generals unstubborn leadership of 8.

Oh well, but its nice to have the option of taking the leadership 8 if they need it.

I might have to switch out the skink preist for a chief on terradon then, as a warmachine hunter. At least it would be cheaper and give me more points elswhere.

Thank you both for your replies =).

jonnywright104
24-01-2009, 12:08
i think u would be better dropping out one of the stegadons (or maybe 2!) from your heroes, and putting in some razordons and salamanders.. . .
dont know if youve read the rules for razordons but. . . they fire an artillary dice worth of S4 barbs, and 2 artillary dice if they stand and shoot!! which when you have 2/3 gives capability for an unbelievable 60 S4 shots!!! beware of charging them!? you could do with some saurus aswel, skinks wont last 2 long

thrawn
24-01-2009, 18:45
looks like a neat list! i think jonny has some good advice. i don't have the book so i don't know, but it would definitely be fun to play against, especially with those new awesome models!

Tyranno1
24-01-2009, 19:42
Hmmm, take out a hero on steg for 3 razordons? I think I have a better idea, razors are about 60-70pts right? Then 3 of them costs the same as a normal steg (a little bit less in fact). I would hate to lose out on one of my heros as the engine is mean, and my main source of magical defence, and the hero on anceint hits like a ton of bricks riding another ton of bricks.

So I think I will drop a single steg for a trio of razerdons. They do seem to have some very nice specail rules, artillary shots coming out of the wazoo, and can stand right in front of a unit and effectivly hold it in place thanks to thier rather nasty ability to turn anyone charging into swiss cheese. As much as I hate the models (lazy in my mind) I think I have a solution, its time to hit the dinosaur books, and the greenstuff.

Their artillery can prove really useful as nothing really wants to charge them, and so can stop other units from flanking the larger dinosaurs, and not many things will shoot them as the bigger dinos will be taking up lots of attention and shrigging it off, sounds really good. Thank you again. This still leaves me with 3 stegs and a carnesaur hehe.

Time of Madness
24-01-2009, 19:49
Razordons are 75pts just like salamanders.

Wouldn't it be easier to have the book first before making a list?
Time of Madness

Tyranno1
24-01-2009, 19:58
Razordons are 75pts just like salamanders.

Wouldn't it be easier to have the book first before making a list?
Time of Madness

Yes it would be easier, but I would like to start my list as soon as possible because I have to go to the Great Devourer tournamant, and I plan on bringing the lizards. So I would like to get my list worked out as soon as possible so that I can work out what models I need and if I can get them painted/built in time for it.

And if I cant then I would like to know pretty quickly so I can bring another army instead.

vodrake
25-01-2009, 11:41
i would adivse against taking a hero on teradon as he can be shot outa the sky quite easily on his own. A unit of 5 teradons are fantastic, doing D3 rocks each, you have enough to kill a war machine or a unit of 6 shades in one go with them. Plus they can take out fast cav pretty handily all for the low low price of 150pts. Plus it might be a good idea to make your skink chief a BSB so that if any of your stegs happens to fail its stubborn check (which you pass 70% of the time btw being cold blooded) then you get a re-roll.

I dont know how much magic you usually face in your area but i would always advise taking scrolls, so would be a decent idea to give your priest a scroll aswell as the diadem. Probably wouldnt be a bad idea to take a second priest aswell.

Tyranno1
25-01-2009, 17:56
I dont know how much magic you usually face in your area but i would always advise taking scrolls, so would be a decent idea to give your priest a scroll aswell as the diadem.

Yeah, I have already written it down on my list on microsoft word. Dosent cost much as I have quite a few points lying around hither and thither.

I would prefer to keep the skink chief on terradon for now, and wait to see the items better, before making my mind up. Also if there are no scouts around I can just roost in trees on the first turn, then jump behind the lines on the second. A chief in combat with a decent weapon colud probably tear apart any warmachine crew.

Tyranno1
02-02-2009, 14:52
Ok, updated the list with new units. I was waaaay under 2000pts :p, I must have miscalculated somewhere.

Anyway, added a salamander, terradons and changed some equipment.