PDA

View Full Version : Doombringer Annihilation Force Question

Gray Hunter
23-01-2009, 20:22
Hi guys,

I've been out of 40k for a while (not coincidentally during the reign of 4th edition) but I'm getting back into it.

I've completely missed the whole Apocalypse thing, so I was interested to see the Apoc unit deals that are available. One that caught my eye was the CSM Doombringer Annihilation Force boxed set, but I'm confused. It just seems too good to be true.

DAF: Boxed set of 15 CSM Terminators plus one CSM Terminator Lord: $95
Buying them separately: Boxed set of 5 CSM Terminators @ $50 each x 3 = $150, plus CSM Terminator Lord @ $20. Grand total: $170.

So the DAF box is about half price! As a 15 year GW veteran, I have a feeling I'm missing something. GW doesn't normally give stuff away if they can help it. Here's my question: Are the CSM Termies and the Lord in the DAF box the same sprues as the ones in the standalone boxes, or are they cut-down versions? Are they push-together versions such as found in the AoBR box?

I'd greatly appreciate the advice of anyone who has/has seen the innards of the DAF box. Cheers!

BigBadBull
23-01-2009, 20:35
No they are the real deal full on 3 boxes or CSMT and a lord, I just don't know if they cone individually boxed or in one bigger box like some of the other sets. They are not the snap fit type marines from AoBR or BFM.

Just look at the Emp. Fist tank co... LR's run $40 x 10= 400 but it is 275. I have one and it is just a really big box of LR tank sprues, where as the Land raider Linebreaker formation ( not on web page any more) came in a non discript Brown box with 4 individually boxed Land raiders ( 2x norm, 1 Terminus, 1 Crusader)

That's why some of the bigger sets sold out in a couple hours due to the Savings.

Gray Hunter
23-01-2009, 20:44
Wow, that was fast!

Thanks for letting me know. I noticed that the LR box was a bit ridiculous too. Not sure I could justify 10 looted LRs for my Orks to my wife though. :)

Looks like I'll be buying a Doombringer box pretty soon. Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it. :D

victorpofa
23-01-2009, 21:30
I have one and I was sent three Chaos Terminator boxes and a Terminator Lord box.

Gray Hunter
23-01-2009, 23:19
I have one and I was sent three Chaos Terminator boxes and a Terminator Lord box.

Great, thanks! It seems so ridiculous to me that they are essentially giving you a bulk discount, but I'm certainly not complaining.

boogle
24-01-2009, 02:09
it's meant to be fielded as an apocalypse fomation, but the fact it's so cheap means they are a very good and cheap addition to any chaos force

Gensuke626
24-01-2009, 06:37
And GW is still Turning a Profit with each set that it sells. The deals are wonderful but the only problem comes in when you only want part of a set...

boogaloo
24-01-2009, 07:03
Let's not kid ourselves. The way this is working is GW is increasing their turn over while, while unloading all of their old stock. Look at the wind rider host... a crap ton of jetbikes and 2 old vypers. They have alot of models kicking around in their warhouses. coincidentaly around the time that rumors pop out about new jetbikes. i wouldn't be surprised if we see new vypers (not that i have a rumor or anything... HARRY!!!!! WHERE ARE YOU!?!?!?!?)Warehouses cost alot of money in upkeep. I've met some wealthy people that say the cheapest way to run a warehouse is to keep it moving in trucks because (property tax+maintenance+water+hydro+heat+phone lines+empoloyee wages+all those other little costs you don't think of) > (gas+driver wages)

They're not giving us a deal. They're making it possible to renew the game, and therfore interest in the game. I recomend that if you like this game you buy as many apocalypse formations as possible so that they can afford it (warhouse wise) to produce more models.

@ OP yes... it is as good a deal as it sounds ;)

Cherubael
24-01-2009, 09:12
Let's not kid ourselves. The way this is working is GW is increasing their turn over while, while unloading all of their old stock. Look at the wind rider host... a crap ton of jetbikes and 2 old vypers. They have alot of models kicking around in their warhouses. coincidentaly around the time that rumors pop out about new jetbikes. i wouldn't be surprised if we see new vypers (not that i have a rumor or anything... HARRY!!!!! WHERE ARE YOU!?!?!?!?)Warehouses cost alot of money in upkeep. I've met some wealthy people that say the cheapest way to run a warehouse is to keep it moving in trucks because (property tax+maintenance+water+hydro+heat+phone lines+empoloyee wages+all those other little costs you don't think of) > (gas+driver wages)

They're not giving us a deal. They're making it possible to renew the game, and therfore interest in the game. I recomend that if you like this game you buy as many apocalypse formations as possible so that they can afford it (warhouse wise) to produce more models.

@ OP yes... it is as good a deal as it sounds ;)

So? GW is still making a profit, and we get effectively a bulk discount. Everyone wins.

You should be glad they are shifting stock from warehouses because when companies dont you end up like my last employer, Woolworths, 685 million in debt because instead of shifting old stuff they borrowed money to buy new stuff which then ended up shoved in a warehouse too.

IAMNOTHERE
24-01-2009, 09:32
The doombringer force is also really fun to play in the game, your opponents face when you drop the blasts on your own troops and walk aay unscathed is great! Brings back all the good old phrases like danger close and fire on my position!