PDA

View Full Version : Talisman of Saphery and magical attacks

havoc626
23-01-2009, 23:43
Would the Talisman of Saphery make magical attacks no longer count as magical, such as those of daemons or the poisoned weapons of Gutter Runners?

The reason I thought of this is that it states that 'Magical weapons of enemy models will have no special affect...', but is simply counting attacks as magical the definition of a magic weapon?

Personally, I'd say no to this, but I am interested in what others have to say about this, as there could be a logical way for it to work against magical attacks.

Hrogoff the Destructor
24-01-2009, 00:02
Would the Talisman of Saphery make magical attacks no longer count as magical, such as those of daemons or the poisoned weapons of Gutter Runners?

The reason I thought of this is that it states that 'Magical weapons of enemy models will have no special affect...', but is simply counting attacks as magical the definition of a magic weapon?

Personally, I'd say no to this, but I am interested in what others have to say about this, as there could be a logical way for it to work against magical attacks.

Well, I think daemons, tree spirits, and grail knights would get through the talisman of saphery. Their attacks are inheritly magical, but not their weapons. As for gutter runners, the poisoned attacks aren't magical to my knowledge (though it should state for sure somewhere in the skaven book as to what counts as magical and what does not).

The way it's worded makes it sound like the weapons are still magical, but don't get the special effects it confers.

Either way, whether or not an attack is magical should have zero impact against a High Elf army when the weapon bonuses are ignored.

havoc626
24-01-2009, 00:33
Gutter Runner poisoned weapons are magical, it lists them under the Warpstone weaon section of the army rules. It doesn't say that it is a magical weapon that has poisoned attacks, but that the poison causes for attacks to be magical.

And having magical attacks or not is an impact if you are versing a Mage that also takes Folatiath's Robe. I hate that combo.

sulla
24-01-2009, 02:08
And having magical attacks or not is an impact if you are versing a Mage that also takes Folatiath's Robe. I hate that combo.

Well, at the end of the day, you are facing an archmage on foot without the book of hoeth. I'd say that's a win for your rats actually. Otherwise, expect irresistable comets every turn on your tightly packed masses.

And it's not like you were ever gonna want to charge the mages unit... probably swordmasters and a bodyguard character or something similar. Better to just blast them to pieces.