PDA

View Full Version : Empire 1500

artificial orange
24-01-2009, 22:03
I've decided to finally get my small quantities of Empire up to a reasonable size, so here's a preliminary plan for 1500pts. Comments would be much appreciated.

Warrior Priest
Great Weapon
Sigil of Sigmar
Armour of Meteoric Iron (134)

Captain
Barded Warhorse
Plate Armour
Shield
Lance (78)

Captain
BSB
Plate Armour
Griffon Standard (138)

10 Crossbowmen (80)
10 Handgunners (80)

25 Swordsmen w/ command
10 Halberdiers detachment (225)

25 Swordsmen w/ command
10 Free Company detachment (225)

5 Pistoliers
Musician, Outrider, Repeater Pistol (114)

Great Cannon (100)

6 Inner Circle Knights
Standard Bearer, Musician
War Banner (205)

Helblaster (110)

(1489)

(I'm thinking about maybe getting some Greatswords to add to this once they're plastic)

'Ardcore
25-01-2009, 04:15
How long have you been playing Empire for? I'm new to this and was wondering if any advice on making a list you could give me?

artificial orange
25-01-2009, 11:17
I've had a handful of Empire stuff since the new book came out, but I've only played with them about twice, so I can't really be of much help. Sorry :(

Nu Fenix
29-01-2009, 16:11
I would turn the Crossbows into two 5 strong detachments for the Handgunners. It means that if things go sour, they won't cause a panic check for anyone, and if somehow the handgunners get charged, they can shoot as a charge reaction.

With the Free Company and Halberdier detachmens, by having them that large without a second detachment for the parent unit, aren't you wasting half the combat potential of them? I mean, whilst it takes more to kill them off and stop them negating ranks, until there are only five left, those are men not getting involved in the combat. By splitting both up into five strong units, you potentially double the combat potential you give out. Plus, it means each Swordsmen unit could have five Halberdiers and 5 Free Company, giving a mix between high strength attacks and high quantity of attacks.

Finally, with your remaining 11 points, do you have two more men you could add to the detachments? No harm in having more men when you have the points, models permitting of course.

In regards to plastic Greatswords, I have been saving all my greatswords from the Swordsmen boxes, as I don't like using them on unit champions. With enough of them [hopefully by asking other Empire players nicely] I can make a plastic unit.