PDA

View Full Version : WoC

lord marcus
25-01-2009, 02:43
Exalted hero, biting blade, enchanted shield
130 pts

general pain-briner. he may be the only hard hitting thing in the force, but then, in 500 pts, i don't expect anything larger than say, a character on monstrous mount (as in, small monster, like a giant squig)

34 chaos marauders, shields, light armor, full command
224 pts

the unit the hero joins. with so many men, its able to soak up fire from anything the horsemen can't take care of.

5 marauder horsemen, musician, shields
76 pts

5 marauder horsemen, shields
70 pts

the havoc units, ride ahead of the maruader unit, drawing people into charges and hunting missile groups and warmachines, while also claiming table quarters.

total = 500 pts

Ymir
25-01-2009, 03:26
I think the marauder unit is too large; the game'll become all or nothing and depend entirely on that unit. I would break it down into two units, for example:

19 Marauders w. Banner, 122 pts - here's where the hero goes.

That'll leave 102 points for other stuff; you could get -20- marauders with great weapons for that, for example, split them up in two units and use them as a flanking force to your large block.

You don't really need a champion if the unit aren't supposed to win by causing wounds (I only use a champion on Chosen with great weapons), and the musician isn't really needed, either. I would loose them both just to save points; you need to get as much as you can out of those 500.

The horsemen look good, although I would give them spears of flails so they'll have some slight punch in close combat.

I like your minimalistic approach to the hero, but I'd try to give him a Sword of Might, to increase his death-dealing capacity a little.

lord marcus
25-01-2009, 03:42
I think the marauder unit is too large; the game'll become all or nothing and depend entirely on that unit. I would break it down into two units, for example:

19 Marauders w. Banner, 122 pts - here's where the hero goes.

That'll leave 102 points for other stuff; you could get -20- marauders with great weapons for that, for example, split them up in two units and use them as a flanking force to your large block.

so then, if i'm following your train of thought, i'd have two units of 10 with GW, and one unit of 19 for the hero to join? i think that could work well.

You don't really need a champion if the unit aren't supposed to win by causing wounds (I only use a champion on Chosen with great weapons), and the musician isn't really needed, either. I would loose them both just to save points; you need to get as much as you can out of those 500.

good idea. your point is valid and appreciated

The horsemen look good, although I would give them spears of flails so they'll have some slight punch in close combat.

i'll see about squeezing in spears.

I like your minimalistic approach to the hero, but I'd try to give him a Sword of Might, to increase his death-dealing capacity a little.

yea, well wouldn't sword of might be a little underpowerd? i mean he is strength 5 already, and thats -2 to armor save right off the bat. i was thinking of giving him a sowrd of battle to increase the kills factor.

comments on your comments in red. your post is appreciated.

Ymir
25-01-2009, 04:59
so then, if i'm following your train of thought, i'd have two units of 10 with GW, and one unit of 19 for the hero to join? i think that could work well.

Indeed.

You might be right about the hero though. Sword of Battle seems like a plan, but Biting blade do leave room for increased goodness on other models (like spears on the horsemen, more marauders, and such). Now that I've thought about it, Biting blade might do just fine.

lord marcus
25-01-2009, 05:08
well then, i'll keep biting blade. my initial thought on that was to up his armor-rupturing ability without making him like 180 pts.

i'll post the new draft of the list in a few minutes.

lord marcus
25-01-2009, 05:15
Exalted hero, biting blade, enchanted shield
130 pts

19 marauders, shields, light armor, standard
122 pts

2 x 10 marauders, great weapons
100 pts

5 marauder horsemen, shields, spears
75 pts

5 marauder horsemen, shields
70 pts

Total = 497 pts

----------

heres the new draft. sorry for the double post.