PDA

View Full Version : Smash da ´igh elf

Leogun_91
25-01-2009, 07:43
Well I want a list that will steamroll it´s way through HEs as my theme is Groms Waaagh!, in most cases I´m against powergaming but as O&Gs is my play to win army and my theme is killing HEs I don´t care in this list, the list at the moment is made of what I have (things had to be left out ofcourse) so no point of telling me "that won´t work as it´s intended" unless you tell me how to make it do that, there are only two things that must remain 1)Grom he IS the theme. 2) An orc shaman representing Blacktooth

so here is the list
Lord (da ´elly impotant un)
Grom
BSB, General: 255pts

Heroes (da very important unz)

Orc shaman (Blacktooth)
Amulet of protectyness, Dispell scroll, level 2: 150pts

Night goblin shaman
Staff of sneaky stealin, level 2: 135pts

Goblin shaman
level 2, Itty ring, Warboss Umm´s Best Boss ´at: 140pts

Characters: 680pts

Core (da gitz an boyz)

3 units of 10 Arrerboyz: 180pts

20 Nightgoblin Arrer gitz: 60pts

40 Nightgoblins
Command, spears, Nets: 215pts

44 Nightgoblins
Command, spears, Nets: 231pts

6Fanatics (different units) 150pts

23 Orc Boyz
command, Additional Choppas: 191pts

Special (da big stuff)

Wolf Chariot
extra crew: 63pts

Boar chariot
extra crew: 85pts

2Chukkas: 70pts

Lobba
Bully: 75pts

Total army 2000pts

Gramolarian
25-01-2009, 08:20
get rid off the 3 units of orc arrers and take one additional unit of basic orcs... much more useful than errorboiz... or if you do want to use archers take night goblin archers ... quantity overcomes quality

wingedserpant
25-01-2009, 09:12
get rid off the 3 units of orc arrers and take one additional unit of basic orcs... much more useful than errorboiz... or if you do want to use archers take night goblin archers ... quantity overcomes quality

No. Orc Arrer boyz have a longer range and thus can begin shooting earlier aswell as getting into short range faster. They are a very useful unit and kill alot more with shooting than night gobo archers. And why do you say Night goblin rchers. Common gobbo archers are better as they have light armour.

Leogun_91
25-01-2009, 09:15
get rid off the 3 units of orc arrers and take one additional unit of basic orcs... much more useful than errorboiz... or if you do want to use archers take night goblin archers ... quantity overcomes quality Maybe but Orc Arrer boyz has T4 which gives them a chance of outshooting HE archers, goblins don´t have this advantage, it is also good to combine arrer boyz and ngob archers as that takes the biggest advantage of the panic rules, might replace one with 20 more arrer gitz however that gives a balance between arrer boyz and arrer gitz.

Stuffburger
26-01-2009, 04:59
I'd be interested to see how that much archery works out in an O&G army- I think it could work if you treat the arrer boyz as close combat troops fist and archers second. Playing to win though you will probably be better served with a big block of HW&S boyz.

I'd find a way to work in 5 wolves and 5 spiders, fast cavalry is always handy and moving through terrain is as well.

Solid lost, though.

Makarion
26-01-2009, 05:58
If you plan to fight High Elves specifically, and you take a special character, how do you plan to tackle Teclis, or any of the dragons? Just 2 chukkas aren't going to cut it, I'm afraid, and anyone on the fringes of your army (e.g., outside Gromm's Ld bubble) is going to panic quit quickly.

Leogun_91
26-01-2009, 09:38
If you plan to fight High Elves specifically, and you take a special character, how do you plan to tackle Teclis, or any of the dragons? Just 2 chukkas aren't going to cut it, I'm afraid, and anyone on the fringes of your army (e.g., outside Gromm's Ld bubble) is going to panic quit quickly.If I meet for example Teclis I have a fairly good Magic defense 6 dispell dice (and minus one powerdice for him) though a really magicheavy army can be a problem, the two dragons still has alot of shooting against them (two chukkas, one lobba, 30 bows and 20 shortbows) and I´m thinking of getting a doomdiver to add to the list.

The reason I have no more chukkas is well then i have less chariots to charge togheter with grom. The reason I have alot of shooting is that HE are CC troops these days, my arrerboyz is more dangerous than my orcboyz for say swordsmasters, whitelions and phoenixguards.The panic will be a problem but ***** setup will make a panictest count for less (only scaring one unit if it runs). Also keep in mind that this list is what I have modelwise (being given alot of models by friendly players and getting hordes of Ngobs from skullpass and winning an armybox) and changing units as they are more optimal against HElfs aren´t a problem

Makarion
26-01-2009, 16:34
Teclis' problem (or rather yours) is that he casts his spells with IF more often than not, so all those dispel dice are a bit wasted - you'll only use them against the level 1 or 2 wizard flunkie that's running around with him.

Then, of course, there's the double dragon list with Princes, and the fact that all those goblins fear the entire enemy army... Heck, even a "countercharging" High Elf list with 2 units of archers, 4 bolt throwers and 2 units of princes, plus sundry other hastiness (and likely some mages) would be a bother.

All in all, I'd probably get rid of the goblin blocks (keep some arrer gits for the fanatic option and consider more regular boyz), take a minimum of 4 bolt throwers, add some squigs (can be modeled quite easily from green stuff and sundry supplies) and consider a giant or something - you've got nothing that can stand up to dragons, or dragon princes, right now. And no, BS3 S3 shooting isn't going to kill or panic them soon enough, since they'll hit your line in two turns at the most.

Leogun_91
26-01-2009, 18:43
and the fact that all those goblins fear the entire enemy army...page 37 O&G armybook "Eats Elves for Breakfast Having launched an invasion against Uluthuan, Grom has well and truly overcome his race´s fear of Elves. If Grom is your general, all goblins in the army (including Grom) are exempt from the Ferar Elves rule."

It really says exempt but anyone would understand that RAI is except.

Makarion
26-01-2009, 19:00
AH, my mistake - I didn't know Grom's abilities well enough, never having faced him myself. I agree that'll help a lot, and the gobbo blocks aren't such a silly choice all of a sudden :)

Dragon Prince of Caledor
26-01-2009, 20:32
I would like to fight that list with a list containing all my favourites! I would take Eltharion just for sake of consistency I like the model but I would rather spend the points on a generic lord of some kind with maybe a dragon mage and the usual toolings or my lists! good luck...May Asuryan not be with your opponent ... :)

Dragon Prince of Caledor
26-01-2009, 20:34
After taking a second look I can only imagine how much fun a star dragon and a unit of dragon princes would have against this list. You had better hope the skilled Nobles of Caledor arent aware of your coming!!!

Leogun_91
27-01-2009, 07:45
After taking a second look I can only imagine how much fun a star dragon and a unit of dragon princes would have against this list. You had better hope the skilled Nobles of Caledor arent aware of your coming!!! They weren´t last time. Having thought about dragons (and even more about the HE cavalry I rarely see these days) I have decided to take one or two doomdivers. Teclis will be a problem but I don´t know how to counter him (except a quick dual charge with chariots so that I can run down his unit)