PDA

View Full Version : Converting a Nurgle DP, size question...

Vomikron Noxis
25-01-2009, 16:07
Greetings all, I'm planning to convert up a new Nurgle Daemon Prince from the reeeally old Great Unclean One, with carrion wings to look like a scary cherub thing. The thing is, it will be a fair bit smaller than my current DP (see my other thread about transportation problems!). Would this be a problem for anyone? I'm clearly not doing it to avoid LOS, and it is a cool model...

Grimtuff
25-01-2009, 16:16
Well the GUO is not exactly small so i'm failing to see the problem. Both are mounted on 60mm bases and are more or less the same mass.

Vomikron Noxis
25-01-2009, 16:22
Actually it's the long out of production original GUO, which is considerably smaller than the current one. It fits nicely on a 40mm base, which is what the standard DP comes with (not the Nurgle one), though I might mount it on a 60mm base because that looks much nicer.

Morathi's Darkest Sin
25-01-2009, 16:36
I'd have no issue with that at all, but then my Nurgle DP is going to look more like a nurgle'd Living Saint than anything typically seen so mine would be probably smaller again. Although she will be mid flight, so height wise she'd be on par with a normal DP.

The height thing is an odd issue anyways, some folks might model things smaller to try and get an advantage, but in general its common sense most of the time. Its when they put the near flat base with painted summoning circle and a clawed hand punching out of the ground then say 'theres my DP' you need to raise an eyebrow. :)