PDA

View Full Version : beastmen army 2k C&C welcome

ginger gobbo
25-01-2009, 19:36
hi

iv decided to do beasts as its different and such

Morghur 378

wargor - enchanted shield, biting blade, chaos armour, talisman of protection 105

bray shaman - bray staff, level 2, 2 scrolls 166

beast heard - 12 gors, 8 ungors, 8 shields, s/m/c 149

3 chaos ogres - heavy armour, shields, standard 143

5 warhounds 30

5 warhounds 30

5 warhounds 30

5 warhounds 30

5 warhounds 30

5 warhounds 30

5 warhounds 30

5 warhounds 30

5 warhounds 30

5 warhounds 30

5 warhounds 30

5 warhounds 30

lcfr
25-01-2009, 19:52
Maybe try and make room for some skirmishing Bestigors and lose the shields on your ungors?

ginger gobbo
25-01-2009, 20:14
you cant have skirmishing bestigors

lcfr
25-01-2009, 20:18
BoC p. 73 "Bestigors in an army containing Morghur use the Raiders special rule"

ginger gobbo
25-01-2009, 20:25
which paragragh i cant seem to find it

Sclep
25-01-2009, 20:25
Khorne marked one might be fun. As would some charriots. Why ogres? That doesn't look like a good setup for them.

MoK also adds DD.

Sclep

edit:

which paragragh i cant seem to find it

Bottom of the second paragraph of the Special Rules under his stats, 'The Hordes of Morghur'

Edit: Concensus is generally that you shouldn't be taking shields on any models in your herds.

Edit: Wargor is illegal - two types of magic armour. A better setup might be: Crown of horns, chaos armour, biting blade, shield, or heavy armour and enchanted shield, put chaos armour on your shaman?

Edit: Also, I can see the thought: Oh, hounds, they're dirt cheap, who cares how many I have? But they're not. You've got 12 30 point units; You could do the same with less. That's a significant portion of your army. Tone 'em down, save enough for a Khornate charriot. +1DD and a frensied charriot for 4 of your hound units? Bargain.

I seem to be quite attracted to khornate marked things - But with all those hounds you should have a problem screening stuff. In fact, it'd be cheaper to have a khorne marked wargor, for a similar magic defense. Sure, no dispel scrolls, but hey.

More Khorne units.

Bestigors.

Get rid of standards on ogres. Arm them better, or get minos.

W0lf
25-01-2009, 20:27
3 units of 4 minotaurs is better then the ogres set-up. Minos are brilliant.

Also skimishing Khorngor arnt a bad idea.

Also you want units more like 8 Gor, 12 ungor. Tomake use of spearsand cheaper herds.

ginger gobbo
25-01-2009, 20:28
the ogres have been added in to have some impact as the rest of the army doesnt have much to do if you get what i mean.

ginger gobbo
25-01-2009, 20:31
the ogres may not have a good stat line compared to the minotaurs but i will be losing the mino quiet quickly as they can have a 6+ sv while the ogres can have a 4+/3+ sv

ginger gobbo
25-01-2009, 20:33
also i believe that you can have the chaos armour and enchanted shield as he chaos armour is magic armour and the shield is a common magic item

Sclep
25-01-2009, 21:02
The armour save on the ogres limits thier killing power, while nurgle marked Minos have a 4+ save.

Minos are just that much better for 5 points.

However, whatever you do with them, you should need to worry about shooting, because of screening hounds and beast herd, you shouldn't take any sort or command, and you should be hitting flanks with them. They shouldn't be in protracted combats, hence they need the damage dealing more than the defense.

And no, you can't have them both; They're both magical armour.

Sclep

WhiteKnight
26-01-2009, 16:22
You'd have to drop morghur if you wanted nurgletaurs. Then you'd be running all nurgle.

ginger gobbo
26-01-2009, 18:20
ok new list home this is slightly better

Morghur 378

wargor - shield, chaos amour, crown of horns, biting blade, mark of nurgle 152

bray shaman - bray staff, level 2, 2 scrolls, mark of nurgle 206

beast heard - 12 gors, 8 ungors, s/m/c 141

beast heard - 12 gors, 8 ungors, s/m/c 141

20 bestigors - s/m/c, poison banner 295

3 minotaurs - ad hand weapon, champion, light amour, nurgle 186

3 minotaurs - ad hand weapon, champion, light amour, nurgle 186

thats 1685 but with out hounds i can have 10 units of 5 for 300pts

can you see what you think so far

Gramolarian
26-01-2009, 18:34
minotaurs cannot have other mark than your general has ... and if I remember book correctly Morghur is Undivided aka no mark.

you need approximately 25 hounds if you use em in different units to make spawns.
this way you make 5 spawns out of the hounds .... or more ... ofcourse whole Idea in morghur army is to make alot of spawns before they make into a combat so you might need 35+ hounds aswell. spehaps you also need additional shaman insted of a wargor if you are making any magic out of it or make the other tzeentch.

btw beast herd with 12 gors 8 ungors and full command is 151 ... according to my calculations.

Skirmishing bestigor unit is Nice. just remember the bugged rule of raiders that states that beast "herd" aka unit with raiders rule goes into 4 beast wide ranks if they cannot get more into contact with the enemy. Meaning that you get charged by a dragon you get 4 models into contact with it and your bonus is +2 in beginning with (stanrard and outnumber) if you are playing by house rules then in most scenarios you get to rank em into 5 beast ranks. (space permitting) a little bug that GW was unwilling to straight out in last errata. "cause the main book says 4 they go to 4. You cannot go bend the rules." - they say. (I wonder why they do rule changes to other armybooks even though they are as written as beast book is.

EldarBishop
26-01-2009, 18:54
Second list is definately better then the first. Minos are way better then Ogres.

I'd drop the Shaman to lvl 1 and leave him unmarked, since it's really just a caddy anyways.

The Minos have to be unmarked or undivided (must have Generals mark). Drop the Mino champions, they are expensive (you can almost buy another Mino with the points saved). I could see standards here, since they will be one of your main CC units. Also, personally I'd make them w/Great Weapons...

Beast HERDs when ambushing tend to work better with more smaller units, with only a Champion upgrade. Not sure about the standards.

A few chariots would be a really nice addition, and add some good hard hiting power.

caution: the ranking up skirmishers says that they rank up to four models wide *if* they are unable to get that many to start with. You *can* rank them up wider, *if* they can do so following the normal skirmishing ranking up rules.

ginger gobbo
26-01-2009, 19:36
ranks im a little confused
so if i have them in ranks of four they still count as having rank bonus.

ok ill get rid of the marks of nurgle then
units of how manys ungors and gors at the moment i have 24 gors and 16 ungors have them in smaller units and have no command or just champions
minotaurs have g/weapons

dooombot
27-01-2009, 04:06
no, if you can't get more than 4 models into combat then they rank up in 4's. since you need ranks of 5 to get the rank bonus you don't get any.

ginger gobbo
27-01-2009, 15:49
new new new list lol XD

Morghur 378

wargor - shield, chaos amour, crown of horns, biting blade 112

bray shaman - bray staff, level 2, 2 scrolls, 166

beast heard - 8 gors, 5 ungors, champion 104

beast heard - 8 gors, 5 ungors, champion 104

20 bestigors - s/m/c, poison banner 295

3 minotaurs - ad hand weapon, champion, light amour 161

3 minotaurs - ad hand weapon, champion, light amour 161

3 chaos ogres - heavy armour, shield 123

3 chaos ogres - heavy armour, shield 123

5 warhounds 30

5 warhounds 30

5 warhounds 30

5 warhounds 30

5 warhounds 30

5 warhounds 30

5 warhounds 30

5 warhounds 30

5 warhounds 30

ginger gobbo
28-01-2009, 14:27
im thinking that having a beast heard with minimum gors and ungors so 5 of each and a champ