PDA

View Full Version : First 2250 Dark Elves army list

CommanderMoose
25-01-2009, 21:07
So this is my first attempt at a Dark Elves army list, and i would appreciate it if you could give me some tips.

Lords

Dread Lord, Cold One Chariot, Heavy Armour, Shield, Hydra Blade-274

Heroes

Master, Lance Heavy Armour, Shield, Cold One, Battle Standard Bearer, Hydra Banner, Seal of Ghround-236

Sorceress, Seal of Ghruond-130 (NOT SURE WHICH LORE TO TAKE)

Sorceress, Seal of Ghruond-130 (NOT SURE WHICH LORE TO TAKE)

Core

24 Dark Elf Warriors, Muscian, Standard Bearer, Shields-177

24 Dark Elf Warriors, Muscian, Standard Bearer, Shields-177

15 Black Ark Corsairs, Handbows, Reaver with pair of handbows-163

15 Black Ark Corsairs, Handbows, Reaver with pair of handbows-163

5 Dark Riders, Repeatar Crossbows-110

5 Dark Riders, Repeatar Crossbows-110

Special

5 Cold One Knights (BSB Goes with this unit), Muscian, Dreadknight-159

6 Cold One Knights, Muscian, Standard bearer, Dreadknight-202

1 Cold One Chariot-100

1 Cold One Chariot-100

So the stategy i have come up with so far is to use the riders as bait for my cold one knights, and use the corsairs as my warrior and chariot bait. So this is my army, and any tips or suggestions would be very much obliged.

Sclep
25-01-2009, 21:11
Seal of Ghrond multiple illegal, no?

And if it's arcane, can't be taken by the BSB.

If you're planning on hiding your Sorceresses in the warriors, you might want to put some unit champs in there to challenge and save her bacon?

Anyway, I don't play this game, so, who knowshow it will work?

Sclep

Draconian77
25-01-2009, 21:35
You can't take multiple Seal of Ghronds although its a Talisman so you can have it on a Master/Dreadlord.

I don't like the Hydra Blade because S4 doesn't hurt much. The Deathpiercer or the Crimson Death are both very good and you may want to add the Pendant as he will be challenged quite a bit.

Master can have either a BsB+No Magic Banner+Magic Items or BsB+Magic Banner+No Magic Items.

You may want to add a some magic banners to the Cold One Knights, the Warbanner, Standard of Slaughter and Banner of Murder are all decent picks.

I don't like Crossbows on Dark Riders, for the same points you can almost have a unit of Harpies!