PDA

View Full Version : Strange list using a bad magic item (new LM book)

PARTYCHICORITA
26-01-2009, 15:22
So this idea came from the "Saw the lizardmen army book" thread in the Rumors board. Credit for it goes to Drenn and innerwolf.

Lords & Heroes:
-Saurus Olblood on coldone, halberd, light armor and Horn of Krygor. 293pts
-Saurus Scar Veteran BSB on cold one, halberd, light armor 139pts
-Saurus Scar Veteran on cold one, halberd, light armor 114pts
-Skink priest (level 1) on ancient Stegadon with engine of the gods, dispel scroll 380pts

Core:
-16 saurus warriors, champion and spears 204pts
-16 saurus warriors, champion and spears 204pts
-16 saurus warriors, champion, standard and spears 216pts

Rare:
-3 Razordon hunting pack 225pts
-3 Razordon hunting pack 225pts

TOTAL 2000pts

So the army deploys with the Oldblood in the center with inside a unit of warriors, the scar veteran go in the other units with the BSB inside the unit that already has a banner. The razordon units go each on each of ther army's flanks with the ancient between the unit with the general and the unit with the regular scar veteran. The BSB goes on the far flank since it already has an extra +2CR.

Each block is stubborn and inmune to fear (also stupid QQ) and thanks to the engine will get a 5+ ward save vs range attacks. If deploy correctly all 3 blocks should get the BSB reroll for break and the engine's ward.

The razordons simply cover flanks beeing skirmisshers and devastating when standing and shooting.

Opinions?

blackjack
26-01-2009, 16:29
Well I think you really really want to buy the Skink Priest up to Level 2, Combined with the EOTG it would grant him +1pd, +1dd, and plus one spell for only 35pts more.

Personally I would go with a Slann over the EOTG Skink P.

Give the slann the horn and put him in a unit of TG, with rerollable stubborn 8 and ITP they won't need a stupid scar vet babysitter. (replace the middle 16 spears, the Old one and the EOTG with 16 TG, and a slann)

This will increase the LD of the two spear blocks to 9, give Similar anti magic and more offencive magic punch.

PARTYCHICORITA
27-01-2009, 13:53
Thanx for the reply, the EotG is there for to reasons:
-The 5+ ward save protects almost the whole army from enemy shooting
-He's a great support unit beeing able to flank enemies that get stuck with either the olblood's unit or the noneBSB scarveteran's unit.

Including a Slaan would also mean losing the oldblood while i feel the whole point of taking the horn is having him making a 3rd unit of SW stubborn.

W0lf
27-01-2009, 14:12
Ok.

What would it do vs gunline, guerrila style, vampires, daemons, darkelves.

My feeling to all of them is lose. its a one trick pony, and not a good one.

PARTYCHICORITA
27-01-2009, 14:23
Mmmm let's see:

-Gunline: probably lose since the 5+ ward save may not be enough. It would however need to be a really massive gunline since with T4 and the ward those saurus should be able to take some hitting.
-Guerrilla (Wood elves and such i suppose): Draw, those sort of armies won't be able to kill enough models to get a decent victory, won't be able to engage the saurus and will have trouble getting close to the razordons.
-Vampires: I don't really see the problem here, VC troops are pretty mediocre in cc and while they won't die easly they will lose combats by hordes of Active CR unless they take good fighting characters.
-Deamons of chaos: Don't see that much of a point here, everyone has a hard time vs deamons and this list should beat them on a long fight, and allthough it may have problems vs cc greater deamons or mono tzeench (which again is hard for most armies), i don't think it will go down with such ease.
-Dark elves: Uhmmm... what kind of DE? Guerrilla? Gunline? Magic heavy? Lots of monsters? Depends on the answer to that.

blackjack
27-01-2009, 15:01
Wolf.

There are no good answers to gunline or daemons or DE in the lizardmen army. They don't have the tools. Giving advice on Lizzy armies is like giving advice on Ogre and O&G armies. No on expects them to take on top tier opponents with any hope of victory.

Nerhesi
27-01-2009, 20:13
Wolf.

There are no good answers to gunline or daemons or DE in the lizardmen army. They don't have the tools. Giving advice on Lizzy armies is like giving advice on Ogre and O&G armies. No on expects them to take on top tier opponents with any hope of victory.

Which.. kinda sucks for the rest of the armies no?

Time for WHFB to wake up and join the 21st century. Release erratas and tournament banned/restricted choices.

Sam W.

g0ddy
27-01-2009, 21:23
I played against a list like this last sunday...

It is probably more sensible to do it on a slann though (as my opponent did)...

It was a total pain in the ass for my Not-so-Winpire Counts.

He was running a Slann w/ extra PD, MR3 w/ 16 temple guard w/ sun standard
2 Skar Vet's with cold ones... armour... one with burning blade, the other with sword of might and bane head... each leading a unit of 18 saurus w/ spears

2 units of 11 skink cohorts w/ 1 kroxigor
2 units of 3 terradons

and a salamander hunting pack with 2 salamanders... (2250 pts)

~ zilla